Enrolling for an Aadhaar card has become mandatory in recent times, and having a copy handy can help facilitate any day-to-day tasks related to Banking, healthcare and much more. An Aadhaar card is a legally accepted proof of identity for an Indian Citizen. Since carrying a copy of the Aadhaar card at all times may not be feasible, the UIDAI has made online Aadhaar card download possible. For online e-Aadhaar card download, all you need to have is the Aadhaar number or enrollment ID. But, what do you do if you have lost either of them or both? Well, the Aadhaar number can easily be retrieved using your name and date of birth. So, read the process below to find out how to download Aadhaar card online.
- AADHAAR CARD DOWNLOAD BY NAME
Aadhaar card download by name is possible in case the Aadhaar number or the enrolment ID has been lost or misplaced. The procedure to get Aadhaar card by name is as follows:
- Visit the official UIDAI website that allows online Aadhaar card download by recovering the lost enrolment ID or Aadhaar number
- Enter your name and registered mobile number in the dialogue box provided and generate the OTP by clicking on the “Send One Time Password” button
- Once the OTP is received on your mobile number, enter it into the space provided
- Once the OTP has been verified; a pop-up appears to let you know that your Aadhaar information has been sent to the authorised phone number
- As the enrolment ID is received, click on the e-Aadhaar page in the UIDAI website to get your Aadhaar card online print
- Click on, “I have enrolment ID” or “Aadhaar number” whichever is applicable, and enter all your details, like name and residential pin code
- Another OTP is generated and received on your registered mobile number which can then be entered to download the pdf file for Aadhaar card online printThis is the complete process for Aadhaar card download by name. On completion of the process, you will have a digital copy of your Aadhaar card. Aadhaar card download on mobile is also possible if you follow the process above. An e-Aadhaar card fulfils all the Aadhaar card requirements and is accepted as a legally valid document.The Aadhaar card pdf file is encrypted with a password for security reasons. Thus, you will need to enter the password to open your e-Aadhaar and get a print. The password for an Aadhaar card digital file is an amalgamation of the first four letters of your name and your date of birth and is thus easy to remember.Now that you know how to download Aadhaar card online you can easily check your Aadhaar card status by name and date of birth as well. All you need to do is visit the UIDAI that has all the information for your Aadhaar card requirement and search for your Aadhaar card status by name and date of birth by following the step-by-step procedure mentioned.