Steps to make Aadhaar Card Correction Online & Offline
Ever since the Government of India has made it mandatory to link Aadhaar to most essential services, the importance of your Aadhaar card has grown tremendously. The details mentioned on Aadhaar card have to match with PAN. If there is a mismatch in name, gender or DOB, in both documents, it may not be possible to link them. If you are wondering how to change name in Aadhaar card and make other corrections, this article will provide you with the necessary details. You can follow the online and offline Aadhaar card correction process as mentioned in an easy and hassle-free manner.
Correct Aadhaar online
To make Aadhaar card correction online, all you need to do is follow the below-mentioned steps. These easy-to-follow steps will help you to initiate Aadhaar card update online and correct any errors:
- Visit the portal https://portal.uidai.gov.in/updatePortal/login.action to begin Aadhaar card update online
- Enter your registered mobile number in the box given and click on “receive OTP”. This One Time Password is valid for 15 minutes so quickly enter the OTP and click on login
- You will see various fields mentioned where you wish to update Aadhaar card details. Enter the new values you wish to correct and click on “Submit update Request”. In this manner, it is possible to update mobile number in Aadhaar online and other important details too
- After you check the details you have submitted, click on “confirm” or “modify” accordingly
- Keep your scanned documents ready to make any correction in Aadhaar as you will have to upload them. Click on “submit”, and you will see a message confirming the update request. An SMS on your registered mobile will confirm the same
Wasn’t the process for Aadhaar card address change online an easy one?
Correct Aadhaar offline
If you are unable to make online aadhaar card correction for any reason, you can do it either through the postal way or by visiting an enrolment centre. If you choose the postal method, please download the Aadhaar card correction form from UIDAI official website. Fill the form in capital letters, add photocopies of documents where you need changes and mail it to the UIDAI regional office. Please choose the address as per the selected language (available on the website). Make sure you have mentioned your 12-digit Aadhaar clearly on the correction form and all photocopies you have enclosed.
Visiting an enrolment centre is another method you can choose if you have to make Aadhaar name correction. Please carry all the original documents to the enrolment centre so the support staff can scan and upload them accordingly. These original documents are needed only for scanning and will be returned to you. Call the UIDAI toll-free number or search online for a list of enrolment centres near you. There is a minimum fee charge of Rs 25 if you choose to visit the centre while online and postal methods do not attract any charges.
The processes mentioned above will take a maximum of 90 days to reflect the change/correction initiated by you. You will receive a letter stating the changes made and you can download the updated Aadhaar card at uidai.gov.in after receiving the letter. If you have updated your mobile number/email id, the notification will be received through those mediums.