Everything you want to know about Aadhaar Helpline
Aadhaar is not just your regular ID card. It is a mandatory identity card for every Indian. In this golden era of the virtual world, Aadhaar comes with a promise to make your life simpler!
If your previous application failed because you had applied for Aadhaar before 1st April 2012, or because your application was rejected by the UIDAI you will have to apply for Aadhaar Card again.
How to Enrol for Aadhaar Card?
- You can go to your nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre anywhere in India with your proof of identity and proof of address documents to apply for Aadhaar card
Proofs of identity and address include voter’s ID card, ration card, passport and driving license
- Fill the relevant details on the Enrolment Form or Aadhaar card form
- Your photo, finger-prints and iris scan will also be taken as a part of the enrolment
- Check your Aadhaar status at the UIDAI official website (uidai.gov.in)
Haven’t received your new Aadhaar card yet?
If you have applied for an Aadhaar Card but have not received it yet, you can now easily get a PDF of it online just by simply following the steps mentioned here :
- Step 1: Visit the Aadhaar Portal at https://eAadhar.uidai.gov.in/ You will find this screen on your device.
- Step 2: Select the option ‘Aadhaar’ or Enrolment ID (UID number)
- Step 3: Enter the Aadhaar number. You will also need other Aadhaar card details such as name, PIN code, mobile number, etc. to fill the online form. Also carefully type in the captcha text as shown on your screen
- Step 4: Click on ‘Get One Time Password’
- Step 5: The OTP will be received at the registered number
- Step 6: Type in the OTP and click on ‘Validate and Download’
- Step 7: Your e Aadhaar download will be successful
To print it, you will need to access the document with a password. The e-Aadhaar password is a combination of the first four letters of your Name in capital letters and your year of birth.
Aadhaar on Mobile
With the mAadhaar app, you don’t need to carry your physical Aadhaar card at all times. The app also allows users to share your KYC and QR code easily whenever required.
Download it here:
- Corrections: Any correction in the enrolment data can be made within 96 hours of enrolment by visiting the enrolment centre with the acknowledgement slip
- Cost: This Aadhaar Service is free of cost
- Contact details: For further assistance: Contact Aadhaar Helpline here:
- Call Centre – 1800 180 1947
- Fax number – 080 2353 1947
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Address – Post Office Box 1947, GPO – Bangalore – 560001