Places where Aadhaar card is mandatory and why? Learn how to apply for Aadhaar card online
Aadhaar card is the single most important unique identification card in the country. The Government is making a concentrated effort to help people understand the benefits of aadhaar card and how it will be a boon by easing out a lot of complexities in our daily dealings with various Government and private agencies. Aadhaar card registration is being made mandatory for a number of things, and that’s what makes it necessary to generate aadhaar card of your own.
Where and why is Aadhaar card mandatory?
Aadhaar is required at the following places for the following activities:
- Bank account opening: Aadhaar card is required to open a new bank account and also link all your existing bank accounts so that all your bank transactions can be linked. The bank account will become inoperative if not linked to Aadhaar before the deadline.
- Income tax PAN Aadhaar link: It is mandatory to link the PAN card with Aadhaar card to simplify the process of filing IT returns and make it easy for the IT department to track any dubious transactions.
- Availing pension: Aadhaar is mandatory if you wish to get your retirement pension from the Employees Provident Fund Organization.
- Getting free LPG and LPG subsidies: To be a beneficiary under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, you need to have an Aadhaar card. Also, Aadhaar is mandatory if you want to avail subsidy on LPG cylinders.
Benefits of Aadhaar
- It is accepted as a valid ID card everywhere in the country.
- You will be eligible to enjoy the various schemes launched by the Government.
- Once you link your PAN to Aadhaar, you need not send the acknowledgement of your IT return by post to the IT department as it is done currently.
- Makes it easy to operate your bank accounts.
- Helps the Government trace dubious transactions, restricting the generating of black money.
How to apply for Aadhaar?
Application for Aadhaar is easy. You can either apply for Aadhaar card online or can go to the nearest enrollment centre and apply.
To complete Aadhaar card enrollment online, you need to visit the UIDAI website and fill in the application form.
Once you have done this, take the form to your nearest enrollment centre along with necessary documents. In the enrollment centre, you will have to get your biometrics done which include iris scan and fingerprint scan.
Once the formalities are done, you will get an enrollment ID that can be used to track the status of your Aadhaar.
You can get Aadhaar card online by downloading it from the same website until the physical copy is received.
You can also visit your nearest enrollment centre and complete the entire application process at the centre itself.
You can either go for Aadhaar card apply online option or decide to do it manually at your nearest enrollment centre; it is important to get the unique identity at the earliest. Getting the card does not cost anything and holds a range of benefits for each of us.