Book your Aadhar enrollment appointment online
The Aadhar Number is a 12 digit random and unique number allotted to the enrolled resident of India after a verification process and capture of biometric information. A scan of all ten fingerprints and a retinal or Iris scan of the resident is recorded. This identification card is then able to accurately identify all information about the person and can be used as an identification card.
There are various advantages to the Aadhar card as the government has linked distribution of governmental benefits like LPG subsidy, loans under government schemes, bank accounts, mobile phone numbers, passport issue etc. to the Aadhar card, to encourage every Indian’s enrollment under this Act which is monitored and run by the UIDAI.
Enrollment is a voluntary process, and an appointment is not necessary. You can enrol at an Aadhar centre, by filling a form, verifying the correctness of your details, and having your biometric details captured. Booking an appointment ensures the accuracy of your information. You can also avoid the process of waiting your turn, in a queue that starts early morning. You will, however, have to visit the nearest Aadhar enrollment centre for verification and capture of your biometric data.
Let’s see how this is done:
- Go to the UIDAI website and click on the link for Aapka Aadhar
- Click on the Resident tab and then on the tab for ‘Where to Enrol’ on the left side of the screen. Scroll down and click on the link ‘Where to Enrol’ to open the enrollment page
- This page also allows you to search, find and select the nearest Aadhar enrollment centre where your biometrics can be captured and where you can enrol
- Select the State, area and locality information like pin code of the area nearest to you
- The system will show you a list of places that match your search criteria
- Click on it to book the appointment and enter your details accurately
- Choose your slot and time, enter the verification code and click on ‘Fix Appointment’ to confirm the visit
- The next step is to carry your original documents as listed and provided on the Aadhar portal and visit an Aadhaar enrollment centre for the capture of your biometric data
- Once biometrics are captured an enrollment slip is issued with a unique enrollment number
- The Aadhar card is posted to the address mentioned and can also be downloaded from the portal using this enrollment number
This simple process ensures that an Aadhaar card is generated for you. An essential document, the Aadhaar card is mandatory for all Indian Citizens.