Aahaar card centre: Find the one closest to you
Aadhaar has been created with a promise to make every Indian’s life a little easier. Hence the absence of it might raise unnecessary complications in your daily life! Whether you are filing tax returns or getting a new mobile number, or even whether you are opening a new bank account, having your Aadhaar number and card handy is going to make your life easy!
The process of Aadhaar enrolment
There are three ways to place your Aadhaar card application:
- Document-based: Submission of one valid Proof of Identity (PoI) document and one valid Proof of Address(PoA) document at the Aadhaar card centre will serve the purpose.
- Head Of Family (Hof)-Based: Head of the family (HoF) introduces family members using documents at the Aadhaar enrolment centre, which establishes the Proof of Relationship (PoR)
- Introducer-Based: If you do not have valid Proof of Identity documents or valid Proof of Address documents, you may avail of the service an introducer at the Aadhaar card centre
The process of application
Here is a step by step description of the process of applying for an Aadhaar card
- Where to Enrol for Aadhaar Card?
There are more than 25,000 Aadhaar enrolment centres across the country. If you haven’t spotted one yet, easily find the Aadhaar card centres near you by following these steps:
- On the UIDAI website, look for Enrolment Centres by clicking the link https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/centersearch.aspx. The “Enrolment Center Search” webpage has a “Search Criteria” section, which gives you three options to search for Aadhaar Enrolment Centres
- When you have found the nearest centre for Aadhaar card application, get the Aadhaar card form according to State and Pin Code or just by typing in your locality in the Search Box
- How to Enrol for Aadhaar Card?
You can apply for Aadhaar card at any authorised Aadhaar enrolment centre anywhere in India with your proof of identity and proof of address documents. – Proofs of identity and address like election photo ID card, Ration card, passport and driving license are accepted. Photo ID cards like PAN card and Govt ID cards are permissible for identity proof for Aadhaar card verification.
- Address proof documents also include water – electricity – Landline telephone bills for the last three months
You will need to populate the Enrolment Form or Aadhaar card form with the relevant details. This is how to get Aadhaar card.
Your photo, finger-prints and iris scan will also be taken as a part of the enrolment.
- Post the enrolment
Use the UIDAI official website (uidai.gov.in) for the following:
- Get e Aadhaar: Get a soft copy of your Aadhaar card
- Aadhaar card status enquiry/ Aadhaar card check: Check your status or any update for your application
- How can you make corrections to your Aadhar card?
You can review and make corrections of the details you have provided during Aadhaar enrolment. Any correction in the enrolment data can be made within 96 hours of enrolment by visiting the enrolment centre with the acknowledgment slip.
- What is the cost application for an Aadhaar card?
This enrolment process is free of cost.