Step By Step Guide On How To Activate Jio Sim
Know Your Customer (KYC) is a process by which various companies currently verify the identity of their clients. eKYC means KYC online verification. This process not only reduces the manual paperwork but also increases the speed of the process. It makes verification for every user and brings optimum efficiency from a business perspective.
Reliance Telecom has added a new service called eKYC Jio. This is an Aadhaar based sign up & you can get your fully activated Jio SIM Card within just 15 minutes of applying.
When you’re going to take a Jio sim, positively carry your Aadhaar card with you to any of the following places:
- Reliance digital Jio store
- Dx Mini stores
- Modern Trade outlets
- Any prominent multi-brand Jio store
This JIO eKYC signup process had been effective from 5th Sept 2016 in Mumbai and Delhi and was adopted by other cities later.
Documents required for JIO eKYC process:
The documents required for Jio sim activation through Aadhaar card verification are:
- Aadhaar Card number
- Two recent photographs (passport sized)
- Coupon code generated by your MyJio app
This process can only be carried out by someone who holds an Aadhaar Card, as the fingerprint is required.
Steps to get your Jio Aadhaar registration through eKYC:
- Go to your nearest reliance digital store and retailer shop. JIO eKYC is now available in more than 10,00,000 Jio outlets in India
- Next show your Aadhaar Card for sim card verification
- Provide 2 Copies of recent passport size Photograph
- Your documents will be verified using the digital data associated with your Aadhaar Card, like fingerprint/Retina verification.
- Your Jio Sim Card will be activated within 15 minutes of document verification
UIDAI offers this helpful service and enables Reliance Jio to carry out the verification process quickly. If the fingerprint scan of the applicant matches with the ones on the Aadhaar, the consumer can avail of an activated JIO SIM in a few minutes.
If still your Jio sim not activated, try taking out the SIM and inserting it back into the phone. Also, please ensure your phone is on 4G mode and not on 3G/2G.
This new eKYC Jio Aadhaar process will enable paperless SIM activation, saving around Rs. 10000 crores per year.