All about Indian driving licence (DL) Online Offline
When it comes to checking the status of an Indian driving licence, there are some steps that you naturally have to follow. Conducting an Indian driving licence check online is a very easy task and will only take up a few minutes of your time.
For enquiring about the status of an Indian driving licence, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the official state transport department website
- Double check the website since you need to be at the right state website for checking your driving licence number India
- Zero in on the link called check the status of your driving licence. Click here and then key in your driving licence number, date of birth and State
- You can then easily check Indian driving licence number since the details will be shown on the screen
You can also use another method for finding out your Indian driving licence online. This involves going to the Sarathi website maintained by the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways. You can find the option named Status of Licence and upon selecting the same, you will have to key in the date of birth, State and driving licence number. This is all you need to see the details of your driving licence in the very next page itself.
When it comes to Indian driving licence verification, patience is the key. Your Regional Transport Office (RTO) may require around a couple of weeks for sending the driving licence. It may take close to one month for you to receive the licence at your address. Also, if you may be absent at home, you can have someone with a valid identity proof receive the same on your behalf.
You may also check the registration certificate status for your vehicle online. This will help you in knowing whether your own vehicles are properly registered in your name or not. For those buying a used vehicle, the ownership transfer is a must for the RC status to reflect their names.
Here’s how you can do it-
- Go to parivahan.gov.in
- Go to the Online Services section and choose Know your vehicle details
- You will find another page where the RC status can be ascertained
- Enter details like the registration number of the vehicle and choose the Submit option
- The RC status will now be shown on the screen
Here’s how the vehicle registration status can be checked-
- Go to vahan.nic.in
- Key in the number of the vehicle
- Enter the captcha code for verification
- Choose the Search Vehicle option for learning about the status of vehicle registration
These procedures will come in very handy whenever you need to check the status of vehicle registration, registration certificate and also the status of the driving licence that you have applied for.