Importance of birth certificate for passport.
To simplify the procedure of passport application, the government has informed the Parliament that other documents could be used as an identity proof of birth instead of birth certificate for obtaining a passport. So there is no need to submit a birth certificate for passportapplication.
Certificates needed for passport to verify date of birth:
As per the new passport rules in India, if you are from any recognised educational board (ICSE, CBSC and the State boards) then you can use your transfer certificate, school leaving certificate or matriculation certificate as a proof of date of birth or you can use your Aadhar card, voter card or any other government ID that has date of birth written on it. As a result there is no need of birth certificate for passport.
Fresh passport apply online:You can apply for a fresh passport through Passport seva official portal.
Go to ‘Passport Seva’ home page
Click on ‘New User? Register Now’ option.
After you click on ‘New User? Register Now’ tab, you will get a form like the above image.
User registration process:
- You have to select where to apply for passport
- Then you have to choose your nearby passport office
- Then select city name
- Enter your name but don’t add any titles like Dr. or Col. Etc
- In addition entering surname is optional
- Select date of birth
- Your email ID
- Passport registration id and email ID should be same
- Choose a password and confirm it.
- You can add hint question and answer to secure your account in case you forget the password.
- To finish the process enter the captcha code
- Then click on ‘register’ tab
The registration is done.
Documents Required For Passport Renewal Online
- You need to submit Original old Passport copy.
- Submit the copy of the first two and last two pages.
- Copy of the ECR/Non-ECR.
- The page of observation Self-attested copy that is made by Passport Issuing Authority.
- Detailed explanation of Purpose of Renewal of (SVP)
- Copy of the validity extension page
Is birth certificate mandatory for passport? No
Passport is a very important document that proves your identity and helps to travel abroad. To apply for a passport, you need to submit a proof of age. Previously people had to submit their birth certificate only, as an identification of age but as per the new rule, any government ID that has your name and date of birth written over it will work.