National Insurance Company is one of India’s largest and oldest public sector companies. National Insurance Company deals with general insurance. They also provide comprehensive insurance plans at competitive rates. This company also offers motor insurance plans, health insurance plans, two wheeler insurance plans, rural insurance plans, commercial risk insurance plans, industrial insurance plan, personal accident plans and home insurance plans. The schemes are transparent and extremely simple to avail. Two wheeler insurance plans give coverage for natural disasters as well as man-made disasters.
Features and benefits of National bike insurance policy:
- The National Bike Insurance claim service is quick and hassle-free.
- Tailor made the insurance policy very low-cost for the customers.
- There is no claim bonus available.
- You can track your claim status online.
- You can transfer your present no claim bonus to other insurance.
- National Insurance Two Wheeler Insurance plan has cashless facility.
Inclusions of National Insurance Two Wheeler Insurance Plan:
National Insurance Two Wheeler Insurance has mainly two types of covers that are available for two wheeler insurance:
- Liability Only Cover: Liability Only Cover gives protection in the event of any legal liability if the insured vehicle gets in an accident.
- Package Cover: All the liabilities according to the Motor Vehicles Act will be covered in this. Damages caused to the vehicles and passengers will be covered. Own Damage to the Insured Vehicle which includes the following:
- Property Damage ( Third Party Property Damage up to Rs 7.5 lakhs)
- Injury or Death of Third Party
- Terrorist Act
- Burglary, theft or housebreaking
- Fire, self-ignition, lightning or explosion.
- Malicious Act
- Riot and strike
- Fire and earthquake
- Natural calamities (such as flood, hurricane, typhoon, storm, hailstorm, cyclone etc.)
Exclusions of National Two Wheeler Insurance Plan:
- Wear and tear
- Consequential loss
- Loss due to war, hostilities, civil war, military power, acts of foreign enemies, invasion, mutiny rebellion or other such violent acts
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or with an invalid driving license and damage caused due to it
- Any claim arising due to a contractual liability.
- Damage to tires and tubes will not be compensated for, unless the vehicle itself is damaged at the same time, in which case only 50 % of the replacement cost will be paid by the company.
- If the vehicle was used for purposes not mentioned or beyond limits.
- If the vehicle was used beyond specified borders.
- Loss or damage caused by willful negligence.
- Loss or damage caused directly or indirectly from any kind of ionizing or radioactive contamination.
- Loss/ damage caused by nuclear weapons.
- If an unauthorized person drives the insured vehicle.
- Damage/ loss to accessories due to theft.
National two wheeler insurance claim process:
- National two wheeler insurance claim process is extremely simple, quick and transparent. Claims can be made at any time of the day. Customer service at National Insurance Company is among the best in the country. Customers will be given immediate assistance, ensuring customer satisfaction. All that the customer needs to do is call the toll free number 1800 200 7710 to make the claim. The following information must be provided:
- Date and time of accident
- Policy Number
- Survey location (where the vehicle can be surveyed by the loss assessor).
- Insured Contact Details.
- Estimated loss/ description.
- The driver’s name, contact number and driving license details.
- Once the claim has been lodged, a Claim Representative will contact the insured person and take the process further.
- The representative will provide the insured with the claim reference number for future reference. Once the claim is approved, the insured will receive a text message with the surveyor details.
- The insured vehicle will be inspected by a Surveyor who is appointed by the company.
- Once assessed, and the approval is given, the claim status is provided.
Documents required for claim settlement in National bike insurance:
Following are the documents that the insured will have to provide when making a claim:
- Duly filled Claim Form.
- Certificate of Registration.
- Fitness certificate( Commercial Vehicles only)
- Copy of Driving License.
- Motor Insurance Policy with schedule and endorsement/ clause
- Police FIR.
- Copy of the plan and receipt of payment of premium.
National insurance two wheeler policy renewal:
National insurance bike renewal process can be done online by registered policyholders. It’s a simple, three step process:
Step 1: login into e-portal by entering your Policy Number and Date of Birth
Step 2: Select the payment option- Net Banking or Debit/Credit Card
Step 3: Once you have been informed that the payment was successful, print/save the premium deposit receipt
You can also renew by Mobile
Steps to buy a National two wheeler insurance:
- You can visit the nearest National insurance office directly to buy your policy.
- Collect the proposal form as applicable.
- Fill the form correctly after carefully reading it.
- Submit the Proposal Form to your nearest branch office directly or through an authorized agent. The agent service can be directly availed by contacting the branch office.
- There may be a pre-acceptance survey required in some cases for which a surveyor will estimate the extent of the risk and other related factors.
- Premium estimates can be obtained from computerized branch offices
- Policy document can be obtained either directly or by requesting a registered post.
Nowadays the traffic conditions have made driving riskier than ever before. Car travelling takes much time than bike and car parking is another headache for car owners. A two wheeler is far more sensible choice because it has a quick mobility and convenience for travelling within the city. However a two-wheeler cannot guarantee your safety. National two wheeler insurance can give you all round protection to your bike in case of any accident or damage.