Want to know how to check PAN card status online? Here are a few steps to help you out.
One of the most important official documents that the government gives individuals in India is the PAN card copy. It is important that individuals keep the document safe as the PAN card details are used in many transactions and as a very important official document for a person. When you apply for a PAN card, it is important that you’re able to check PAN card status to find out whether your card is activated or not. Depending on where your PAN jurisdiction falls under, you can apply online and activate the card.The PAN card requirements start with the person applying being above the age 18.
If you want to know how to activate a deactivated PAN card, you must go through the below steps to ensure that it is done. One of the main reasons that people get their PAN deactivated is because they have more than one PAN card copy that fell under multiple PAN jurisdictions.
Steps to activate:
If you wish to check PAN card status online, you must first understand that a deactivated PAN card means that you won’t be able to file your e-taxes online as well. If you want PAN card activation for a card that is deactivated, the steps that need to be followed are:
- Write a letter to your PAN jurisdiction in the Income Tax Department for the reactivation of the card
- Attach the required documents to prove that the particular PAN deactivated and it needs to be reactivated once again
- Submit an Indemnity Bond to the IT Department, a PAN card copy which the person has been using to submit their returns and copies of the IT returns filed in the last 3 years.
- Wait for 10-15 days to check PAN card status online. If you’ve submitted all your PAN card requirements, you will be given a newly activated card within that period.
- If you’re not able to access the e-login portal, you can get in touch with the jurisdictional AO to get the PAN card activation done.
Thus, you will be able to get your PAN and PAN card details updated as you complete the process, which is mostly online. This makes it easier for you to get your PAN card reactivated. Just remember not to have two separate PAN cards because the government will deactivate it automatically.