Different Online Options to Check My EPF Balance Account
If you are wondering ‘how do I check my EPF balance?” we have some good news for you. To make it easier for subscribers to access their PF Account details, the EPFO is constantly introducing smarter processes on the existing platforms. In its efforts to completely digitise the process, the EPFO provides these options to access PF information (Tweet):
- Online Portal
- SMS Service
- Missed Call
- M-sewa app
PF amount check pre-requisites
- Universal Account Number (UAN): This is a 12-digit number allotted by your employers. After allocation, you must activate the UAN on https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and create login credentials for the EPF Account
- KYC: You must link UAN with Aadhaar, PAN, mobile number, and bank account
Once done, you can run a PF Account check in the following ways:
On EPFO Online Portal
- Log in to the EPFO portal with your UAN and password.
- Select ‘For Employees’ on ‘Our Service’ tab.
- Click on ‘Member Passbook’ under ‘Services’
- The page below will open for you to process EPF Account balance request.
You can also run PF amount check directly on the page: https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp However, the passbook facility is not available for some members. Check on the EPFO website before you try to access it.
PF Account check via SMS
You can check EPFO claim balance via your mobile phone with the SMS text EPFOHO UAN ENG to 7738299899. ENG stands for the first three letters of the language in which you want the EPF enquiry. You can also choose to view the site in Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Bengali.
PF information via Missed Call
- Give missed call on 011-2290-1406 from the same mobile that you used for UAN registration
- You will receive SMS with your EPF Account balance
On Mobile App M-sewa
Steps to check EPF Account balance via EPFO’s own Mobile App M-sewa
- Download the app from Google Play Store
- Click ‘Member’
- Click ‘Balance/passbook’ for a statement of the last seven months
- Enter your UAN and registered mobile
Once all these details are complete, the mobile app will show the EPF Account balance.
Some older methods can be used to check PF Account balance. You can use UAN on your payslip on the EPFO official website, and it will display your PF Account balance. You can also check the balance without the UAN if you haven’t yet activated it. You can do so by using your PF Account number. All you have to do is log in to the EPFO portal and enter details about the state you live in, your mobile number, etc. to know your EPF balance. Note that you can use only the registered mobile number, and a single mobile number can view only one EPF Account. You can also submit multiple identity proofs while registering. This way you can use any of them when you to login to your PF Account.