Guide to check PF account in 4 Easy Ways
The process to make a PF balance check online is now simpler than ever. You don’t have to wait a whole year for your annual PF slip to come out to know your PF balance, you can now check PF balance online anytime and anyway in 4 simple ways.
What You’ll Need to Check Your PF balance Online:
- Your 12 digit UAN number
- Your Full name as mentioned on your payslip
- Your Mobile number
Please remember before you use one of the below steps to do an EPF balance check online, you will have to ensure your UAN number is seeded to your bank account, Aadhaar number and PAN number.
Once you’ve completed the above requirement, use these 4 simple ways to check PF balance online:
- EPF balance through the EPFO Portal
- EPF balance through SMS
- EPF balance through missed call
- EPF balance through app
1) Check PF Balance Through EPFO Portal:
- Log into the EPFO portal using your UAN number and password
- Click on the “For Employees’ tab and then choose the ‘Our Service option
- Click on the ‘Member Passbook’ tab
- Enter and submit your 12 digit UAN number and password
- Your PF balance will appear with an option to download the same as a PDF
2) Check PF Balance by SMS:
Obtaining your PF balance through an SMS would require you to have registered your UAN on the EPFO portal. If you have already registered your UAN number, you can then send an SMS EPFOHO UAN ENG to 7738299899 to know your PF balance. ENG depicts first three letters of your preferred language, alternatively if your prefer Hindi then the SMS would end with HIN.
3) Check PF Balance by Missed Call
If your UAN number is already registered on the EPFO portal and linked to your bank account number, Aadhaar and PAN number, availing information making a PF balance enquiry can be as simple as giving a missed call to 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number.
4) Check PF Balance Through EPFO App
The m-sewa app can be downloaded from the Google play store when you’ve completed the download, follow the below steps:
- Click on the ‘Member’ tab
- Click on balance/Passbook
- Enter your UAN and registered mobile number after which you can view your PF balance
As an employee, your PF becomes an integral source of your savings. Keeping yourself aware of its increments is and should be important. Any person may choose to withdraw his PF completely, partially or take a loan against it, having complete access to your PF balance information can help make these decisions easy.