Citibank Debit Card: Things You Missed
Citibank offers an expansive range of debit cards to suit a variety of needs. Each Citibank debit card differs from the other in terms of benefits offered, withdrawal limits and a host of other privileges. For a brief idea, given below are just some of the highlighting features of Citibank debit cards.
Citi Bank debit cards come in three categories. These Debit cards are classified according to their daily maximum withdrawal limit. The 3 types of Citi Bank debit cards are regular account, preferred account, and Citi gold account. While the maximum withdrawal limit for regular accounts is equivalent to Rs.75, 000, the maximum withdrawal limit for preferred account holders and Citi gold account holders are equivalent to Rs.1.25 lakhs and Rs.1.5 lakhs per day.
Citibank debit card offers are to be experienced to be believed. An exciting range of benefits and offers await each customer with the prized possession of a Citibank debit card. Listed below are the offers and benefits
- Citi Bank debit card offers a complimentary lounge access at domestic and international airports (at select locations).
- You can avail special travel discounts on hotels, leisure activities and transport at international locations.
- Citi Bank debit card allows exclusive dining privileges at all major restaurants.
- You can earn multiple reward points every time you shop at Citibank affiliated merchants, grocery and retail stores.
- Cardholders who are also Frequent Flyers with any of Citibank’s associated airline are entitled to earn 2x Air Miles
- With a Citi Bank debit card , you can enjoy the convenience of charge-free cash withdrawal at ATMs around the world
- Ensures High daily spend and withdrawal limit
- Make hassle-free cashless payments, online and in stores, around the world.
Customers can pay their Citibank credit card payment through any debit card provided they have net banking facilities attached to that debit card. However, the customer has to visit the respective bank to activate net banking facilities on his existing debit card.
The Citi Bank Platinum Debit card is one of the unique offers from Citi Bank. You get rewarded when you spend on your Citibank Platinum Debit Card: You earn 1 reward point for every Rs.100 spent and redeem as cash or air miles. If you are a Frequent Flyer program member of one or both airlines, enjoy the added benefit of earning 2X air miles for every Rs.100 spent.
Citi Bank Debit Cards – Frequently Asked Questions
- Why it is important to have Citi Bank debit cards?
- Citi Bank Debit Card makes your payments much more convenient and secure through an electronic payment facility directly from your bank account. Citi Bank Debit cards can be used for purchases online or at shops by directly debiting your Bank account. Citi Bank Debit cards can also be used to withdraw cash from an ATM.
- Can I use my Citi Bank debit card if I have not used it for long?
- Yes. It may however require activation. Please check the forwarding letter that came with your Citi Bank debit card. Please check the Citi Bank official website, www.citibank.com for further information
- How do I generate a PIN ?
- Banks provide PIN by mail, which is either dispatched by bank to the card holders address..
- What are the recent steps taken for promoting debit card payments?
- Some of the recent initiatives towards popularizing Debit card usage are: ¬ MDR (Merchant Discount Rate) which a merchant (Shopkeeper) pays the Bank for POS transaction are reduced to zero on debit cards till 31th, December 2016. ¬ Excise duty payable on acquisition of POS machine which was earlier 16.5% has been waived till 31st March 2017.
Q What should you do if a shop asks you for an additional amount for use of your debit card?
- As per the norms prescribed by card networks, shops should not ask for any additional amount called surcharge or convenience fee. You can refuse to pay an additional amount for use of your card and register complaint to your bank on its website or otherwise.
QUESTION 2: How is a customer benefited by Citi Bank debit cards?
ANSWER: Major benefits to customers are;
- It is more convenient to carry a small, plastic card instead of a bulky Cheque book or a large amount of cash.
- Easy to obtain: Once you open an account most institutions will issue you a debit card upon request.
- Convenience: Purchases can be made using a chip-enabled terminal or by swiping the card rather than filling out a paper cheque.
- Safety: You don’t have to carry cash or a Cheque book. Debit cards are protected by a four digit pin number that you set yourself. This pin is needed to make any purchase with your debit card.
- Readily accepted: When out of town (or out of the country), debit cards are usually widely accepted (make sure to tell your financial institution you’re leaving your city; to not have an interruption in service).
- It’s a Cash Card Too: Debit cards still have the ability to give you cash, you can take them to an ATM and use them there to withdraw the cash.