PF Balance Enquiry – Give a Missed Call
EPF, abbreviated as Employee Provident Fund is set up by the Government of India by way of the Employee Provident Fund Organization. This was essentially done to help the citizens of India to save money for their retirement or make use of it during unforeseen circumstances. EPF account holders are eligible to also apply for loans against the corpus amount saved. Checking epf status on mobile can be done easily with a missed call.
The Process for checking EPF Balance by a missed call
Before you use the missed call service for provident fund balance enquiry, it is important for you to fulfil the following requisites –
- Do you have a UAN id?
- UAN is the Universal Account Number given to the EPF account holders by the Employee Provident Fund Organization
- This number enables the EPF account holders to transfer their EPF accounts from one employer to the other easily. It enables easily PF portability
- It is important for the UAN to be activated.
- Remember that one UAN can only have one registered mobile number
- Always ensure that your UAN is linked to your Aadhaar card, Bank account or PAN card
- You should have a registered mobile number with the UAN
- It is important for you to call from the same registered mobile number only
- In case, you have changed your mobile number recently, it is important for you to visit the UAN portal and update your mobile number first
The procedure to check EPF balance using your registered mobile number
To know your EPF balance, you are required to have your UAN and a registered mobile number that is linked to either your bank account or Aadhaar card or PAN card. Here is what you need to do-
- Using your registered mobile number, call pf enquiry number 011-22901406
- The call to pf enquiry no will get disconnected automatically after two rings
- You will then receive an SMS from AM-EPFOHO
Employee Provident Fund Organization responds to your missed call by sending out this SMS to you. This epfoho balance enquiry SMS will contain all the information that you are looking for –
- Date of Birth
- UAN or member ID
- PF account number
- EPF balance
- The last contribution made
- The pf balance enquiry is not a paid service. If you have a registered mobile number and UAN, you can check your EPF balance.
- In case the missed call service is not working, you can check the balance using alternative methods like pf enquiry online, mobile SMS and UMANG mobile application.
Employee Provident Fund account (EPF) is an initiative taken by the Government of India to help the citizens save money all through their work period. The corpus funds accumulated come in handy during retirement or at the time of any unforeseen situation. Hence, it is important for you to keep a track of the amount saved on a timely basis.