How to check balance using EPF member passbook online?
The Employee Provident Fund is a retirement scheme that works towards the benefits of salaried individuals. The contributions made are from both the employee and employer’s end. However, the percentage is set by the government, which is contributed each month to the employee’s account. Today, people can access their EPF balance passbook online and keep a check on their PF status as well. The EPF balance passbook holds all the details of the PF account number for the employee.
Since it is possible for people to access their EPF passbook online, the efforts to keep a check on the details is reduced to half. The EPFO has also come up with mobile applications like UMANG what aims at helping the employees stay just one touch away from their UAN member passbook. This guarantees a single platform’s responsibility for all the activities related to the EPF balance passbook.
Steps for a simple PF account balance check.
Given below are the few easy steps that one can follow to check their UAN EPF passbook updates:
- Click on the e-passbook link on the EPFO’s official website.
- Enter the UAN ID and password to log in.
- Choose the member-id for which the EPF balance passbook needs to be checked.
- Select EPFO’s services and then Employee Centric Services.
- The key in the UAN and aN OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Enter the same and successfully access the EPF member passbook for a quick PF status update.
Steps to generate EPF e-passbook online.
To download the EPF balance passbook, here are the easy steps that one must keep in mind:
- Log in to the member portal. The employee will receive an option of either editing or downloading the UAN EPF passbook.
- Select the option for download. Enter the PF office of the state that needs to be considered.
- In case of any confusion, refer to http://epf-india.co.in/ for a confirmation of the PF office location.
- Enter the PF account number and name that has been registered.
- Fill in the required details, as well as the OTP that is generated on the registered mobile number.
- Hit ‘Get Detail’ option and download the EPF balance passbook.