EPF Partial Withdrawal Online While Working User Guide
The EPFO allows PF amount withdrawal only when you retire. However, you can make a claim earlier, while you are working only if you have an urgent need for it. PF withdrawal before retirement can only be a partial claim with different limits to the amount, against certain EPFO rules and regulations.
The EPFO has also modified the PF amount withdrawal process with various features. The most notable among them are composite new PF withdrawal form, self-attestation and less dependence on your employers. This has been possible with the introduction of the UAN No. and EPFO’s member portal. Moreover, the EPFO has declared EPF partial withdrawal online mandatory for claims of over Rs 10 lakh from the EPF employee portal.
Read on to know the latest method on how to withdraw PF amount from a previous company online.
Rules for EPF partial withdrawal online
Partial withdrawal can be done while you are working only under certain rules and regulations. You are eligible under certain conditions as specified by the EPFO. Otherwise, PF amount withdrawal is illegal.
Pre-requisites to online PF withdrawal application
The EPFO has also declared UAN (Universal Account Number) compulsory. Before Provident Fund withdrawal online your UAN must be activated and linked with your Aadhaar, PAN and bank. The mobile number used for activating the UAN must also be accessible for Provident Fund withdrawal.
Partial PF Amount Withdrawal Process:
1) Log in to the EPFO members portal with your UAN and password
2) On the ‘Online Services’ tab, select ‘Claim’
3) On the new page that opens your details like name, father’s name, date of birth, mobile number, Aadhaar number, PAN number, bank account detail and your date of joining your company will auto-populate. Check if all the data is correct, then click on “Proceed For Online Claim” button.
4) On the new page that opens there will be a drop-down menu which says: “I want to apply for”. On this select “PF ADVANCE (FORM-31)” which is the EPF withdrawal form 31.
5) Next, fill the purpose for which the advance is required. Click on the drop-down menu which will display all available advance options that you are eligible for. Select the kind of advance (i.e. non-receipt of wage, illness, natural calamities, power cut, purchase of handicap equipment) that you want to apply for. In the field “Amount of advance required” fill the claim amount you want. Then enter your current address in the ‘Employee Address’ field.
6) Next check the small box on the left hand of the disclosure/declaration at the bottom of the form. That is your signature on it
7) Then the “Get Aadhaar OTP” option will open on the screen. Click on it to generate a one-time password to authenticate your claim
8) You have to enter the OTP in the relevant box to receive the OTP on the mobile number registered against your EPF account
- Next click on “Validate OTP and Submit Claim Form”
EPF Partial Withdrawal Online Benefits
The online process:
- Eliminates paperwork
- Enables easy correction of details online
- Provides more autonomy to employees with self-attestation
- Offers just one EPF withdrawal form 31 to fill
- Eliminates the need to visit the PF office or post anything
- Enables easy tracking of the claim
- Facilitates the Claim amount going directly to the bank account