EPF UAN login and all one needs to know about it.
The Universal Account Number (UAN) is a 12 digit number allotted to every member under the EPF (Employee Provident Fund), which helps people to monitor their PF status. Each EPF UAN login is responsible for connecting all the PF accounts for an employee across organizations. A job change means change in PF accounts every single time. However, with UAN, this can never be a matter of concern. The UAN connects multiple IDs and makes it easier for the employee for any EPF balance enquiry, or any other EPFO status update
Steps to generate UAN
To generate UAN number, if the employer has not shared the UAN with the employees, here are the few simple steps that can be followed:
- Log on to the EPF UAN member portal and select the option that says “Know your UAN status”.
- Enter the details of the PAN or the aadhaar for authorization.
- Submit the OTP which is generated on the registered mobile number.
- The UAN and its status will be sent to the same mobile number.
The documents required to generate UAN number are given below:
- Bank details
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- Ration card
- Driving License
- ESIC card
To activate UAN, login to the same EPF UAN member portal and select the option for “Activate UAN”. This procedure is either done with UAN, PAN or Aadhaar card. The user will also be required to fill in the personal details, and an OTP will be generated on the registered mobile number for activation.
Benefits of UAN
The EPF UAN activation can lead to multiple benefits. Some of the benefits of the EPF UAN login are as follows:
- Merging of upto 10 PF accounts is possible. To link aadhaar with UAN is however necessary.
- Carrying out auto transfer process of PF accounts is possible with just a single EPF UAN login.
- Transferring, checking, contributing and withdrawing PF balance becomes easier.
- Staying update on every activity on the accounts is just a few clicks away.
- Applying for PF online is simpler.
Link aadhaar with UAN
People can also link aadhaar with UAN online, since aadhaar has now become mandatory to avail the benefits of PF auto-transfer. Linking facility on the EPF UAN member portal has makes it easier for everyone to access the PF funds. Here is the procedure one need to follow to link aadhaar with UAN:
- Visit EPFO website and select the eKYC portal under the Online Services tab.
- Click on the link that says “Link UAN aadhaar”
- Provide the UAN and an OTP will be generated on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and submit the 12 digit Aadhaar number for verification.
- Enter the second OTP received for aadhaar authentication.
- The UAN details will get linked to the aadhaar details once the procedure is completed successfully.
Status check with UAN members e-sewa portal
To check the EPF UAN status, one needs a UAN registration number. To get the same, one must follow the following steps:
- Visit the UAN members e-sewa portal.
- Click on “Know your UAN status” option.
- Update the PF number details on the page and click on “Check status”.
- A notification will be sent for UAN allocation. If already generated, provide the additional details as per the ones mentioned in the EPFO records. Enter the password and carry on with the procedure to get the OTP.
- Enter the OTP sent to the registered mobile number and continue.
- The next page will display the UAN, for which a message will also be sent to the mobile number.
- Log in to http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/ with the credentials chosen to access the accounts.
EPF UAN Login for a balance check
For a simple and easy EPF UAN login to get the balance checked, one must follow the following procedure:
- Navigate to the EPFO website and login with the credentials.
- Enter the UAN and password to login.
- Select the download section and choose UAN passbook download section. Opening this passbook gives the employee a complete status check of their EPF UAN account.