Everything about pan application form 49a
Permanent Account Number or PAN is a very important document for financial transactions. It has a unique 10 character alphanumeric code that is unique for every individual. Pan is issued by department of income tax, Government of India. Pan Card is a very important identification tool.
What is Form 49A?
Form 49A is the application form that is used for the allotment of Permanent Account Number for Indian residents. Any individual who is a resident of India and willing to apply for PAN should fill the form 49A.
How to fill Form 49A?
You need to follow some rules while filling in Form 49A. The rules are given below which you need to maintain while filling up the form.
- Language and basic rules- 49A form should be filled only in English. There is no provision to fill in the form in any other language other than English. The form should be filled with block letters and in black ink.
- Photographs- The applicant needs to attach two recent colour photographs in the space provided on the top corners of the form. The photographs should not be stapled or clipped to the form as this will be the photograph that will be displayed on the PAN card.
- Signature on the photograph- A signature or a left hand thumb impression should be provided across the photo. The signature or thumb impression should be contained inside the box provided and not on the photograph as the photograph on the right top corner of the form will be the one displayed on the PAN card.
- Correct details- It is important to fill the form correctly and ensure that the filled data in the form is correct. Filling the form with incorrect details might lead to rejection of the application.
- Overwriting- You should avoid Overwriting while filing the form.
- Contact details- You need to provide your contact details very carefully while applying. It’s important to provide your full address including details of Town, city and Pin code. STD code should be mentioned for the phone number provided.
Pan card is a very important identification document and it’s mandatory for every Indians. Here you will find out the details about pan application form 49a. You can download pan application form online from UTIITSL website or NSDL e-Governance official website. Once the form fill up is done with the correct details and the payment is made online, you need to submit the form with the required documents and photographs.