What exactly is Pan card form 49aa?
Foreign residents and entities incorporated outside of India are also eligible for Pan. Pan card form 49AA is the application form for the allotment of Permanent Account Number for Foreign residents and entities incorporated outside India. It is also possible to go ahead with form 49aa download online from NSDL e-Governance official website or UTIITSL website.
How to apply for new pan card?
Given below are some of the important rules to keep in mind while filling in Pan card Form 49AA and applying for a new pan card:
- Basic rules- The applicant should fill in the new pan form 49aa only in English. The form should be filled in block letters and each box in the form can contain only one character. The applicant is also advised to use black ink to fill the form, it is better to use a ballpoint pens only.
- Thumb impression and signature on photographs- The applicant is required to provide signature or left hand thumb impression on the photograph attached to the left top corner of the pan card correction form 49aa.
- AO code details- The AO Code details such as Area Code, AO Type, Range Code and AO number should be filled by only the applicant and the applicant can avail the details can be availed from the Income Tax office or from one of the PAN centres.
- Accuracy of the information provided- It is important to provide accurate details while filling the form.
- Contact details- The applicant has to provide the ISD code for their phone number since they reside outside India. It is also important that they provide the country name along with the Zip code for the country.
What does Pan Card form 49aa requires?
Pan card form 49 aa requires the following information to be filled by the applicant:
- Assessing officer code- In this section, the applicant has to mention the details of the Assessing Officer code details such as the Area code of the accounts office, Accounts office type, Range code and Accounts office number.
- Full name- This is the part of the form where the individual mentions their marital status along with their first name, last name and their Sur name.
- Abbreviation of the name- This is the part of the form where in the applicant has to abbreviate their name based on what they want to be displayed on the PAN card.
- Other name- In here, the applicant has to mention the details of their other name if they were ever known by another name other than the name already mentioned.
- Gender- The part of the form where in the applicant has to mention their gender.
- Date of birth- In case of an individual applicant, the applicant has to mention their date of birth and in case of organisations, they have to mention the date of partnership/incorporation/Agreement or Trust deed.
- Father’s name- The applicant has to mention the first name, last name and surname of their father in this part of the form. This is applicable only to individual applicants and even married women should fill in this part of the form.
- Address- The applicant needs to enter the details of their residence address and office address in this part of the form. The applicant needs to be careful while filling in the address and should give the correct details.
- Address of communication- The applicant has to choose the address at which they would like to be contacted at.
- Telephone number and email id- The applicant has to mention their Country code, State code and telephone/mobile number for communication purposes.
- Status of applicant- In here, the applicant has to mention if they are an individual, a HUF member, Company, Partnership firm, etc.
- Registration number- The registration number indicates the registration number for company, firms, LLPs, etc.
- Citizenship- The applicant has to mention the country of their citizenship and ISD code of country of citizenship in this part of the form.
- Representative of the applicant in India- In here, the applicant should mention details of the representative or the agent including their address and full name.
- Documents submitted- In this part of the form, the applicant needs to mention all the documents they have submitted with the form.
- KYC details- This part of the form should be filled in by a Qualified Foreign Investor as prescribed by the regulations under SEBI. This will contain details such as the marital status, occupation details, citizenship status and more.