Guide to fill up new passport online application.
It is very simple to check online new passport application services. And for that you need to know about the necessary new passport documents. Go through the below mentioned steps to fill up the new passport application form.
How to apply for new passport online in India:
Getting a new passport is easy through its online portal.
Go to ‘Passport Seva’ home page
Click on ‘New User? Register Now’ option.
After you click on ‘New User? Register Now’ tab, you will get a form like the above image.
User registration process:
- You have to select where to apply for passport
- Then you have to choose your nearby passport office
- Then select city name
- Enter your name but don’t add any titles like Dr. or Col. Etc
- In addition entering surname is optional
- Select date of birth
- Your email ID
- Passport registration id and email ID should be same
- Choose a password and confirm it.
- You can add hint question and answer to secure your account in case you forget the password.
- To finish the process enter the captcha code
- Then click on ‘register’ tab
The registration is done.
Now you need to select passport application type
After you log in with your ID and password go to applicant home page
On this page you will select one application type from the below list:
- Fresh passport / Passport reissue
- Diplomatic passport / Official passport
- Identity certificate
- PCC or Police clearance certificate
After this go to next step
Now fill up new passport online form:
Select ‘Passport Type’: fresh or reissue / normal or Tatkal
Click next to go to the next page and fill up the below details:
- Passport type
- Applicant details
- Family details
- Present address
- Emergency contact details
- Other details
Sign your online passport application form
Passport application fees payment:
You can pay and book a passport appointment date
Visit PSK or Passport Seva Kendra
Go to ‘applicant home page’: http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink
- Select ‘applicant home’
- Click on ‘view saved or submitted applications’
- Click on ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ tab
- Choose mode of payment
- Now check booking appointment
Conclusion:Online application is the best option for passport application. This process gives a chance to fill the application from your home. You can choose your mode of payment also. You will avoid long waits at Post Office to get a printed version of the application. Also by applying online you can sign in and check your account progress.