HDFC Credit Card: All You Need to Know
HDFC or Housing Development Finance Corporation was established in 1994 and is considered to be the fifth largest bank in India in terms of its assets. It has earned the reputation of being a World Class Indian Bank and has also received numerous awards and accolades as it constantly strives to make the lives of its clients easier. It caters to individuals, corporations and SMEs and when it comes to Credit Cards, it aims to provide unparalleled privileges and benefits to its customers in terms of lifestyle.
What are the HDFC Credit cards offers?
HDFC Credit Cards chooses to reward their users with great customer- centric advantages and deals every time they use their cards and Rewards Points are awarded each time. There are special benefits for those who travel frequently- along with co- branded airline cards, one stands a chance to win JP Miles on every purchase which in turn will help get avail great discounts in air tickets. When it comes to lifestyle and buying merchandise, one can get reward points with every purchase and then they can be used in turn to buy special merchandise at reputed merchant partner stores. There are a plethora of other unique benefits like availing special credit cards for women, easy EMI options for the expensive buys and special redeeming features. All the cards from HDFC are internationally accepted and they are recognized by millions of merchant establishments across the world. One could also avail loan on credit cards, though it is advisable to use the cards wisely and make the payments on time to avoid getting into a debt trap.
How to Check HDFC Credit Card eligibility?
Applicants for HDFC Credit cards must be between the ages of 21 years and 65 years. The annual income of the applicant must be at least Rs 2 lakhs if he is a salaried individual and at least Rs 1.5 lakhs in case of self employed individuals. A good credit score would be an added advantage.
While applying for the credit card, one must have at least 2 passport size photo, duly signed and also photo bearing ID cards should be produced. Proof of address has to be provided, along with PAN card and Form 16. Pay slips and IT Returns of the last three consecutive years also has to be produced.
It is quite easy to go overboard with the use of credit card as the money is not deducted from one’s own account but is given the card user on credit which is to be repaid later in the manner of caution.
What is the process of HDFC Credit Card Application?
Those who wish to apply for a HDFC credit card could do so by visiting the official website of the HDFC bank. The applicant would be directed to the Credit Card Section from the Home Page- under the heading “What are you looking for”? Customers can then click on Know More or Apply. Once the general rules and regulations have been gone through, one can click on Apply after which they would be redirected to a fresh page where an online form would have to be filled out. All the personal details, details of income and professional income has to be provided and then a bank representative will get in touch after some time. There are also provisions to check one application status from the website and the documents would be asked for in the last stage of verification. On the other hand, if one is already familiar with the credit card details, and in case one is already an existing customer with HDFC, they could just click on “Apply Now” tab after which Customer ID and mobile number has to be provided for authentication. This process is much faster because of minimal documentation. One could also visit any HDFC branch and apply for the card offline.
Types of HDFC Credit Cards
There are number of cards from HDFC and all of them have their own unique features and benefits. Some of them are as follows:
- The HDFC Infinia Credit Cards: This comes with no prearranged limit on cash spending or withdrawal and one gets to earn 5 points for every INR.150 they spend. One also automatically get free Priority Pass and Taj Epicure Inner Circle Gold Membership along with Reserve air tickets, film tickets, and hotel rooms via HDFCBankInfinia.com and make double the points. There is also free international travel insurance to be availed.
- HDFC Regalia Credit Card: With this card, the moment is issued, one will receive extra cash points of 2500 as a welcome gifts and also earn four points every time Rs 150 is spent. Free Priority Pass as well as Taj Epicure Inner Circle Gold Membership can be availed. One also gets a chance to avail deals on flight fares, hotel reservations, and film tickets on the HDFC Travel & Entertainment Portal.
- HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card: This is a highly coveted card that allows the card to access the choicest Golf Clubs in India as a Green Fee player. One can earn travel coupons worth INR. 750 for every 1000 points accrued and the points can be redeemed as cash for air tickets, hotel booking at the HDFC entertainment website, hdfcbankdinersclub.com.
There are a number of HDFC Bank’s Co-Brand Cards as well like:
- JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Credit Card
- HDFC Platinum Times Credit Card
- HDFC Titanium Times Credit Card:
- JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Platinum Credit Card
Those who are in special professions can avail the HDFC Professional Credit Cards:
- HDFC Doctor’s Superia credit card: The credit card comes with a welcome benefit of 1000 reward points and on every Rs.10 spent the cardholder is entitled to get 3 reward points. The cardholder can receive 50% more reward points with every usage. There is also Free Priority Pass Membership and with expenses of over 5 lakh used on your credit card, you can earn an air voucher worth Rs.8000 along with a host of other benefits.
- HDFC Teacher’s Platinum Credit Card: With this card, with every spending of Rs.150, one gets 2 reward points. Three times more rewards can be availed in the weekends and 2400 reward points or more annually with weekend shopping. 500 bonus points are awarded on Teacher’s day. There is also zero cost liability and with every spending of Rs 250 at the Fuel station, a fuel surcharge waiver can be availed.
There are also, HDFC Premium Women Credit Cards, HDFC Premium Credit Cards, HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card, HDFC Visa Signature Credit Card, HDFC Bank’s Regular Credit Card, HDFC Corporate World MasterCard HDFC Business Gold Credit Card and many more to be availed from HDFC.