HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
Health insurance is an absolute necessity in today’s life, owing to the rising cost of medical health care and the highly stressful life that is now being led by nearly everyone, which then results in a myriad of health complications in a person. So, at least the stress of dealing with a sudden financial crisis due to medical expenses is well handled by the health insurance plan. Add to this the tax advantage that one gets under Sec 80D of the Income Tax Act of 1961, makes health insurance a lucrative deal, where you not only save money but also get to access quality health care without burning a hole in your pocket.
Besides the Government health insurance plans, there are plenty of private insurance companies in India that offer a plethora of health insurance products designed to cater to varied needs and requirements of a person. So whatever be your requirement or whatever that you are looking to get out of your health insurance plan, there will always be one health insurance plan that would perfectly fit in your description. One such health insurance plan enjoying great popularity among the people is the HDFC ERGO Health Insurance, owing to its range of health insurance plans that safely covers varied demands, needs and requirements that a person might have.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance review
The HDFC ERGO Health Insurance review is on the positive side, with more and more policy holders giving it good reviews. Also a large majority of its policy holders stick with it and renew their plans with HDFC ERGO Health Insurance. The company has a vast network of 6000 hospitals spread all over the country, which means that a policy holder is never too far away from quality health care in whichever part of the country they are in.
The HDFC ERGO Health Insurance is a product of the HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited which is a joint collaboration between India’s HDFC limited and ERGO international AG. The company started its operations in the year 2002 and today HDFC ERGO Health Insurance is regarded as one of the leaders of health insurance industry. The HDFC Health Insurance plan has marked its presence in 89 cities and has a total of 109 branches. This rapid growth witnessed by the company is the testimony of fact that HDFC Health Insurance plans is the best in health insurance industry, as it offers a little extra benefits to its policy holders when they choose HDFC ERGO Health Insurance.
Some of the key features of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plans are as follows;
- The HDFC ERGO Health Insurance has more than 4800 network hospitals offer cashless hospitalisation to the HDFC ERGO Health Insurance policy holders.
- Dedicated 24*7 claim settlement hotline
- HDFC Health Insurance offers a bunch of value added services, through which a policy holder can enhance their sum insured in case of claim free years.
- HDFC Health Insurance also provides coverage for day care procedure, domiciliary treatments
- Pre and post hospitalization medical expenses
- Easy and fast renewal process
- The basic sum that can be insured with HDFC Health Insurance starts from Rs 3 Lakhs through Rs 10 lakhs.
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plans also have no sub limits on room rents, hospital charges, specific diseases and doctor charges.
- Another highlight of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plans is the discount of 10% that one gets if 2 or more members of a family are covered under the same individual policy.
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plans also offers 5% bonus on sum insured for every claim free year.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance offers a range of health insurance products under two main categories namely – Indemnity Health Insurance Policy and Lump sum payment health insurance policy.
Indemnity Health Insurance Policy
Under this category, HDFC health insurance compensates the policy holder with the actual amount of the financial losses suffered by him, subject to the maximum sum insured.
Lump sum payment health insurance policy
In this category, HDFC Health Insurance reimburses the policy holder as soon as any medical emergency arises, which helps the policy holder to take care of all the medical expenses incurred in course of the treatment.
Types of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance plans
The varied types of health insurance products offered by HDFC ERGO Health Insurance are;
- HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha
- HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha with Regain and ECB
- HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Gold
- HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Gold with Regain and ECB
- HDFC ERGO my health Medisure Classic
- HDFC ERGO my health Medisure Super Top-up
- HDFC ERGO Critical Illness Silver
- HDFC ERGO Critical Illness Platinum
The HDFC ERGO Health Insurance premium calculator
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance offers an advanced e- portal that offers a wide range of online services to the modern time strapped youth, who want everything in a jiffy. Catering to their demand HDFC ERGO Health Insurance e – portal allows one to file claim, purchase a policy, renew a policy as well calculate the payable premium.
A person can easily calculate the potential premium to be paid attached to varied health insurance plans by means of a premium calculator available on the website itself.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Hospital List
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance has a huge list of more than 6000 network hospitals from all over the country that offer superior quality health services. Of these 6000 network hospitals more than 4800 network hospitals offer cashless treatment facilities. So no matter in which corner of the country you are in, you are never too far away from HDFC ERGO health insurance coverage.
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance with its exceptional claim settlement ratio, competitively priced products and great value added services, is certainly a market leader in terms of Health insurance.