How To Change Address in Aadhaar Card Online
The fact of relocating to a new home or even a slight spelling mistake in the address comes with multiple challenges but keeping it updated on the necessary documents should never be a matter of concern. Most common yet most important rectification nowadays is in the aadhaar card details. It is now possible for the people, facing similar issues, to get done with their aadhaar card address change using a simple tool provided by the UIDAI. The users can go ahead with an easy aadhaar update in the address via internet.
Need for an aadhaar card address update
Out of multiple online services by UIDAI, aadhaar card address correction is one the most important tool that enables the aadhaar card holders to keep an eye on their details as well as the aadhaar status online. It is very well known to everyone that according to Supreme court’s orders, the usage of aadhaar card details are made mandatory to avail various services and governmental facilities. Therefore, it is of high importance and priority for one and all to manage their details with all aadhaar updates done before March 31, 2018.
Steps to change address in aadhaar card online.
For all the necessary aadhaar card address corrections online, here are the few steps that one needs to follow:
- Visit the UIDAI portal and select ‘Address Update Request (Online).
- Enter the 12- digit aadhaar number and choose to send OTP on the registered mobile number. Once the aadhaar verification is done, proceed with the login.
- Select the option of ‘Address’ and continue with the process.
- Fill in the new aadhaar card address. Make sure that it is correct and is been entered in the local language as well.
- Next, submit the aadhaar card address change documents. Here, only the scanned copies for verified documents should be entered to avoid rejection in the future. The documents required for aadhaar card address change include passport, bank statement/passbook, statement of Post Office account/passbook, ration card, voter id, driving license, water bill and telephone landline bill, among others. The bills required for aadhaar card address correction must not be older than three months.
At the end of the process, a URN or Update Request Number will be generated for the applicant to track the aadhaar status online. The UIDAI tool enables people an aadhaar card address change with ease. However, for other updates, it is all suggested to visit the aadhaar update center.