Guide to fill EPF name correction form
Your name is important when it comes to your identity on all legal documents including your EPF documents, however, there is a chance where you name could be misspelled, completely wrong or you’ve legally changed your name. Whatever your reason may be, when it comes to changing your name in the EPF account, you don’t have to worry; the procedure is a simple and easy one. You can change your name online on the EPFO portal or offline with an EPF name correction form.
Documents Required to Make a Name change on Your EPF account
The Central government has listed out documents that are acceptable and can be attached with a EPF name correction form to aid a name change on your EPF account. Those documents are:
- Aadhaar card
- Driver’s license
- Voters ID card
- PAN card
- ESIC ID card
- Bank Passbook
- Post office passbooks
- Schools and education certificates
- Date of birth certificate
- The death certificate issued by the registrar
- Copy of a utility bill that has your name on it like, phone, electricity, or water bill.
- A certificate created based on the central or state government records of service
- A letter issued by a recognized public figure, verified by the proper authorities, can also be used as proof.
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation has made provisions for its members to change their credentials offline or online through the EPFO portal with a simple EPF name correction form.
Changing Your Name in the EPF Scheme Offline:
If you are not registered on the EPFO portal or you prefer to change your name in your EPF account offline, you can follow the below steps.
- You will need the EPFO name correction form. This form is called a “Joint declaration by the member and the employer.”
- Fill out all the details correctly on the epf name correction form
- Sign the form
- Get your company’s seal and employers signature on the form
- Attache the self-attested copy of any of the acceptable documents listed above to the form
- You can then submit the form to your employer who will send it to the respective EPFO field office
EPFO Name Correction Online Through the EPFO Portal:
You will need a UAN ID and password to access your EPF account through this website. A UAN is a 12-digit unique number given to all individuals contributing to EPF scheme. You will have to register your mobile number to your UAN ID and this number can be changed on the UAN portal under the ‘profile’ tab whenever you change your mobile number.
If you have forgotten your login password and your registered mobile number is not active. You can make a request through the EPF UAN Helpdesk portal online.
The UAN Helpdesk portal allows you to correct and resolve multiple issues you may have with your EPF account. All you need to do is log into the EPFO UAN portal and click on the tab, ‘Member’, this will redirect you to a page which allows you to make changes to your credentials. You can do a UAN name correction, a UAN date of birth correction and more.