Guide to PF Balance check with UAN number
UAN or the Universal Account Number is a unique account number provided by the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) to the citizens of India working with an employer registered with the Government of India. If you do not have a UAN, you cannot check your EPF or provident fund balance. Contact your company for the purpose. The UAN number is now quickly being allotted by the authorities as compared to earlier when it took time. Once you have your UAN number, you can effortlessly conduct a PF balance check.
To check the PF balance, first ensure that the UAN number has been activated by the employer. Once that is confirmed, please visit the EPFO website (https://epfindia.gov.in/) and follow the following steps:
- Click on Our Services and choose For Employees from the drop down
- Click on Member Passbook from the list provided under Services to access your UAN member passbook
- You will be redirected to this page-
- Register with your UAN and valid ten-digit mobile phone number.
- You now will receive an OTP (One Time Password) to log in and verify your phone number
- Select the state and the office. Enter your company code provided by your employer
- Please use a valid phone number as you will need it to generate an OTP if you ever forget your password
- Once you have registered with your phone number and UAN number you can log in to view your passbook and account balance
- Please provide the password and enter the captcha mentioned
- After logging in to the passbook, you can download within 6 hours of registration
- You can then enter a new password, while the login remains your UAN ID. You can also download your UAN Card, updated PF – Passbook and can initiate a PF status check.
You can also follow these steps to initiate your PF balance check with UAN number:
- When the UAN number is linked with EPFO, you can get latest updates and check your PF balance by sending an SMS to 7738299899. You need to send a message in the following format- EPFOHO UAN ENG. Here. ENG is the first three alphabets of the selected language (English in this case). So, if you want to get the message in Telugu, then type in EPFOHO UAN TEL. This facility is available for other languages too
- EPFO can only send details of members available with it. So, make sure your UAN is seeded with your bank account, Aadhaar, and PAN, else ask your employer to fetch them for you
- You can also fetch details by giving a missed call to 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number. Make sure your UAN number is linked to AADHAAR and PAN
- Another option is to download M-Sewa from the Google Play Store. Once the app is downloaded click on ‘Member’ and then on ‘Balance/Passbook’. .After that, enter your UAN and registered mobile number to get the details
Once the statement gets generated, you can conduct a UAN balance check and tally it with your pay-slip or any other document reflecting the monthly deduction from your company.