How to download duplicate Aadhar copy?
Losing documents is a common issue most of us face, and it is important to know how one may obtain a replacement for an important document like an Aadhaar card. Fortunately getting a duplicate Aadhaar card isn’t a difficult task. Whether you have lost your Aadhaar card while traveling or misplaced it at home, it can now easily be retrieved. Read on to learn how.
Duplicate Aadhaar copy
An important identification document, Aadhaar is now needed to open bank accounts, to apply for loans and also to get your child admitted to a school in India. If you lose your Aadhaar card, a duplicate copy can be acquired without spending hours in a queue or looking for agents. Two questions that may come to your mind if you have misplaced your card are: “how to apply for a new Aadhaar card?” and after applying “how to print an Aadhaar card?”. A new Aadhaar card can be obtained online, or by applying offline. Here is a detailed description of the process:
You can get the Aadhaar number/enrolment number from the UIDAI website and download Aadhaar card by adhar number. If the acknowledgment slip is not available, Aadhaar card download on mobile verification is possible too. Here are the steps to take to get a new Aadhaar card if the earlier one is misplaced:
- Type the official site address of UIDAI in your browser as follows: https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- Go to the desired page as directed and enter your Aadhaar number or enrolment number to begin the procedure to apply for duplicate Aadhaar card. You may also need to enter details like name, pin code etc. to generate the OTP (One-time password) for a new Aadhaar card
- Enter the OTP in the box provided for further validation
- After validation, your new Aadhaar card can be downloaded in PDF format
- To print the Aadhaar card, save the document in a folder and then print it on paper of the desired quality
- Before you learn how to print Aadhaar card, you will need to validate your signature
It is also possible to secure a duplicate Aadhaar card by visiting an Aadhaar centre and filling up a new Aadhaar card form with the necessary details. You can replace your lost Aadhaar card by calling up the UIDAI toll-free number-1947, and place your request for a new Aadhaar card form. The number leads you to an IVR menu that will help you navigate to the desired options.
For those who are not familiar with online methods to apply for a replacement for a lost Aadhaar card, visiting the Aadhaar enrolment centre is a convenient option. Instead of applying for a new card online, you can simply look for the nearest Aadhaar centre and fill a new Aadhaar card form there. The executives will verify your credentials and then initiate the process to generate a duplicate Aadhaar card.
Tip: It is important to remember to link your phone number with your Aadhaar card, as it reduces the effort required to obtain a duplicate should you need one.