How to download UAN EPF passbook online
It is important to keep a timely check on your EPF account balance and transactions for better financial planning. The good news is that you can easily carry out your EPF passbook check online, using the EPFO (EPF Organization) portal.
How to use the EPF portal?
If you are a registered member, you can go to https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp and Login there using your UAN and password to check your PF account balance and download your UAN EPF passbook.
But in case you’re a first time user, you’ll need to become a registered member of the EPFO Members Portal. The prerequisite for doing so is to have an activated UAN. If your UAN is not activated or you do not know your UAN, you may ask your employer for it.
Activating your UAN
This can also be done via SMS service, but the most reliable way is through the UAN Member Portal. To view the EPF passbook online, a first time user of the portal can activate the UAN by visiting https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/, where the activation link is available below the login box.
Downloading the EPF account passbook
* After the activation of your UAN, you can go to the EPFO portal here to view your EPF passbook online: https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/
* Click on the tab ‘Our Services’ and select ‘For Employees’ from the dropdown list.
* Then click on Member Passbook under the SERVICES category
* You will be directed to https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp where you can log in by using your User Name, i.e. UAN, the password that you set, and entering the captcha, to download your UAN member portal passbook
* On logging in you will see a button on the screen with your EPF account number. Click on it to view and download your PF passbook
* If you have multiple accounts, click on the one you wish to view the passbook for
* Your EPF passbook will appear in a PDF format which you can simply download to your computer by hitting the download button
Other ways for an EPF passbook check
Alternatively, you may download the UMANG app that provides EPFO services, and download your PF balance passbook from the app.
Apart from checking your EPF balance online and through the app, you can use the PF balance check number to give a missed call. If you have a valid UAN and a registered mobile number, a missed call on 011 229 01 406 should help.
Running a regular EPF passbook check will ensure that the transactions are taking place smoothly. You can also be updated about your EPF transfer application, any errors in your details and be routinely informed of your account balance.