Guide to link your multiple PF accounts with UAN
The Employee Provident Fund account does not remain the same when an individual changes the employer. Thus one person can have multiple EPF accounts. Keeping this in mind, the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) now offers an option to merge these multiple accounts into one account- the Universal Account Number. Here’s how you can link your multiple provident fund accounts with portable epf uan employer portal.
Procedure to Link Multiple PF Accounts with UAN
EPFO subscribers who have multiple provident fund uan accounts can easily merge their accounts to one UAN. Here are the requisites for the same –
- Universal Account Number (UAN) – Ensure that the UAN is activated, as it will otherwise take around three days to activate the service
- Ensure that the UAN is linked to your Aadhaar card/PAN card/Bank account number as you will get the pf details by uan only when the linking is done
- Present EPF account number – This pf uan should be linked with your UAN
- The KYC details should be verified by your employer
- Bank account number with IFSC code
- PAN card number
- Aadhaar card number
Merging multiple PF accounts – Steps to follow
Step one – Log into the EPFO portal
Step two – Once you login, browse through the portal and do epf uan registration online.
- Click on the services tab on the main menu.
- Click on the “For employee” services tab on the home page.
- This tab will take you a new page.
- The category listed under “for employee” opens up.
Step three – There are various categories listed under services section. Click on the ‘One Employee – One EPF Account’
Step four – You will be asked to fill in some details along with your registered mobile number linked to UAN
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Submit the OTP
Step Five – This is the last and final step.
- You are required to give you old EPF account details
- Accept the declaration
- Submit the merging request
Your employee provident fund accounts will be linked soon.
- You can link up to 10 EPF accounts to your current portable UAN ID. However, ensure that the UAN ID and KYC details are verified by your current employer
- You will need to fill in the transfer claims separately for every EPF account
- Merging/consolidating of the EPF accounts can be done easily online on the UAN portal
UAN enables viewing of the Employee Provident Fund accounts and uan balance status in one place easily. By following the above steps, multiple EPF accounts can be merged into one single UAN. You can pf check uan within minutes on your mobile phone by giving a missed call. EPFO will answer your uan enquiry instantly.