ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
Health insurance is an insurance coverage that protects the insurance policy holder and his family from any financial crisis as a result of sudden illness or accident, besides that, health insurance also protects you by means of making quality health care affordable and within common public’s reach. Health insurances are a dual benefit entities that not only protect you financially and provides superior health care but, also enables you to get tax benefit through sec 80D of the Income Tax Act 1961.
There are large numbers of health insurance plans available in India ranging from government health insurance plans to private health insurance plans, each having separate criteria and coverage. A person looking for a suitable health insurance plan, irrespective of his need and requirements, is bound to find a suitable health insurance that ticks all his requirements. Varied health insurance plans offer something unique to attract clients towards themselves. One such attractive health insurance is the ICICI Lombard Health Insurance.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Review
The ICICI Lombard Health Insurance reviews speak for themselves. The insurance plan with its unmatched service and customer centric solution has garnered much positive attention from the people of India, making ICICI Lombard Health Insurance one of the largest insurance providers in the private sector.
The ICICI Lombard Health Insurance is a product of the ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company, which is a joint collaboration between India’s second largest bank and Fairfax financial holdings limited – a Toronto based financial services company. This joint venture was established in the year 2001 and now has 253 branches spread across the country. Beside health insurance, the ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company also offers other products like Car Insurance, International Travel Insurance, Overseas Student Travel Insurance, Home Insurance and Weather Insurance among others.
The ICICI Lombard Health Insurance offers a comprehensive set of ICICI Lombard health care plans for both businesses and individuals and their families. The varied range of ICICI Lombard health care plans offered is as follows;
- ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance
- ICICI Lombard Health Booster
- ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Insurance Policy
- ICICI Lombard Health Care Plus Policy
- ICICI Lombard Group Personal Accident Policy
- ICICI Lombard Group Health Insurance
The key features of the ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plans are as follows;
- The ICICI Lombard health care enables an individual to purchase a health insurance policy at the click of a button on the company’s website, safely and securely by means of the online banking.
- The ICICI Lombard health insurance is categorically designed to cater to different needs and requirements, thereby providing an extensive coverage plan along with great add-on options.
- ICICI Lombard health care encourages minimum documentation thereby easing the process of getting a health insurance.
- The ICICI Lombard Health Insurance also offers an attractive rewards program where incentives are provided for healthy life decisions made by the policy holder. This rewards program falls under the wellness program launched by the company.
- ICICI health insurance offers pre and post hospitalization medical expenses, room rent, doctor’s fee, medication fee and cashless claim services.
- The ICICI health insurance also covers day care treatment that includes radiotherapy, chemotherapy and dialysis.
- The ICICI health insurance plan comes with lifelong renewability and floater option.
- A few select health insurance policies also offer daily hospital cash allowance
Besides these mentioned features of the ICICI health insurance, there are plenty other benefits and remarkable features of ICICI health insurance which makes it a popular health insurance plan.
ICICI health insurance claim procedure
The ICICI Lombard health insurance is renowned for its simple and hassle free claims process whether it is the cashless claim or reimbursement claims. The procedure for filing a claim with ICICI Lombard health insurance is as follows;
Cashless Claims – All you have to do for cashless claims is;
- Inform the ICICI Lombard health insurance company immediately
- Get prior approval for cashless treatment from the claim settlement team at ICICI Lombard.
- After approving the claims, ICICI Lombard health insurance would directly settle the medical expenses with the hospital.
Reimbursement Claims – In this type of claim, a policy holder needs to take the following steps;
- Duly fill the ICICI Lombard health insurance claim form
- Attach the various medical expenses documents like bills, invoices and hospital discharge summary, along with the ICICI Lombard health insurance claim form
- Submit the form and the required documents
- After approving the claim, reimbursement would be made within 7 working days.
ICICI Lombard health insurance hospital list
ICICI Lombard health insurance has a huge number of tie – ups with numerous hospitals across all the parts of the country. With more than 4500 network hospitals offering cashless treatment, ICICI Lombard health insurance ensures that you have access to superior health care in every corner of the country.
The ICICI Lombard health insurance being the largest private health insurance provider and one of the leading health insurance companies in India, also sets benchmarks in superior service, competitive pricing, value added services and coverage plans, this pushes other health insurance providers to follow suit to gain market share, thereby aiding the process of making quality healthcare affordable and accessible to every citizen of India.