Guide to know your pan number
If you have lost your pan or have forgotten the Pan number, and you need them right now, you can easily find out information through its online portal. Pan information is available on the income tax department official website. The process is quick and easy. You can find out your pan card number on the e-Filing website
Know your pan by name and DOB:
You can find out yourPanCard number on the e-filing website by providing your name and date of birth. Follow the below mentioned steps:
- First log on to the e-Filing website.
- Click on “Know Your PAN” option.
- Provide your Date of Birth in DD/MM/YYYY format
- Fill up your Surname, middle name and first name.
- Enter the Captcha Code.
- Click on submit.
The result includes the following outputs:
- PAN Card number
- First Name
- Middle Name
In this section you will also get details about whether your card is active, inactive or in any other status.
Know your pan by pan number from Income Tax Website:
You can find the details of your PAN including your address on the Income Tax Department e-Filing website. Follow the process below:
- Log on to the Income Tax Department e-Filing website.
- Click on “Register Yourself”.
- Select your user type as applicable
- Click on “Continue”.
- Provide your details and fill up the registration form
- Click on “Submit”.
- An activation link will be sent to the email address.
- Click on the link to activate your account.
- Log in to your account.
- Select “Profile Settings”
- Go to “My Account”.
The following details will be displayed:
- PAN number
- Name of Pan holder
- Date of Birth
Know your PAN card status:
After submitting a successful online Pan application, you can know your pan application statusby following a few easy steps. This is the fastest and most convenient option to know your pan application status.
Follow the below mentioned steps:
- Log on the official website for PAN, TIN-NSDL.
- Next go to the PAN section on the website.
- Choose the type of application.
- Provide few personal details like your full name and date of birth along with the 15-digit acknowledgement number.
The next page will provide you the current status of your PAN application.
PAN is a very important document that has a unique 10 character alphanumeric code. Pan is issued by department of income tax, Government of India. Pan Card is a very important document that works as an identification tool. The Income Tax India e-Filing has made the process easy to know your pan. Here you will find every details to check your pan application status and your pan details.