Learn how to do Aadhaar card correction online or offline
Errors in your Aadhaar details can lead to many problems. There could be several reasons why you may need to update Aadhaar card details. You can request for Aadhaar card name correction, Aadhaar card mobile number update, Aadhaar card address change online or offline following the processes explained below.
For example, if you have changed your address, you can easily place an Aadhaar card update request. Here is how to change address in Aadhaar card online as well as offline, about the Aadhaar card address change procedure, Aadhaar card correction status and much more!
Steps to Update Aadhaar Card Details:
The UIDAI allows Aadhaar card holders to place requests for Aadhaar card correction online or offline. Details including the registered address, name, date of birth, mobile and email address can be changed.
Update Aadhaar Card Details with a Mobile number:
- Update Aadhaar Card Online
The UIDAI portal allows users to implement Aadhaar card correction online with mobile number in the following steps:
- Visit the official site of SSUP UIDAI at https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number
- Type in the Verification Text
- Now you will receive OTP on your phone
- Type it in and click the Submit button
- The Data Update Request can now be placed.
- Select the detail you want to change from the options available
- Click on Submit
- Enter the correct the details whether it’s your Name, Gender, DOB, Address, Mobile Number or Email Id
- Click on ‘Submit/Update Request’
- Now upload the required supporting documents
- Depending on the information to be updated, upload the original scanned (with a colour scanner) copies of supporting documents as per the Valid Documents List
- Aadhaar Update via Post
- Download the Aadhaar card correction form here- https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV2.pdf
- Amend the information which requires an update/correction.
- Provide self-attested supporting documents with the form and mail it to UIDAI at the given address. “Aadhaar Update/Correction” should be mentioned on the top of the
Post Box No. 10
Madhya Pradesh- 480001
Post Box No. 99
Update Aadhaar Card Details without Mobile number
When Aadhaar card correction using your mobile number is not possible, you can opt offline for offline correction as well. This process is easy but more time-taking.
- Aadhaar Update by visiting Enrolment centre
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar card enrolment centre and get the Aadhaar card correction form. Find your nearest official enrolment centre here at https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx
- Carry all original documents needed for the correction. The documents should support the facts you want to change. These original documents will be scanned and handed back to you after the procedure immediately
This offline or online correction in Aadhaar process is free of cost. Once you have applied for a change, Aadhaar card status check online should be carried out regularly as it can take up to 90 days to implement. Aadhaar card correction status will indicate when your update is successful.