Documents required to apply for passport for Minors
A passport for new-born is valid for five years. Minors aged between 15 and 18 years may apply for a 10-year baby passport instead of a passport which is valid till they turn 18. The associated baby passport fees differs according to the category chosen by a minor.
Documents required to apply passport for minors/children
For minors the passport application procedure remains the same but the necessary documents for child passport may vary. For passport issuance you have to submit biometrics and recent photograph at the passport office even if the child is infant. Verification and issuance cannot be done on behalf of another.
You need to follow this process while applying for a passport for a minor
- Register and Apply for the minor on the Passport Seva Website.
- Create your login ID and password.
- Log in to the account and fill in the application form.
- You can make the payment once you have submitted the application form
- Make the payment by clicking on View saved/submitted applications.
- Select Pay and schedule appointment
- The Passport Seva Kendra website uses the SBI payment portal.
- For Tatkal, the fees must be paid online only.
You can use any of the following modes to make the payment.
|Mode of Payment||Charges applicable|
|Credit Cards (VISA or MasterCard)||1.5% + service tax|
|Debit Cards (VISA or MasterCard)||1.5% + service tax|
|Internet Banking (SBI and Associate Banks)||Free|
SBI Challan is free but the cash should be deposited at the SBI branch after 3 hours of generating the challan within 85 days.
Book passport appointment for Minor
After the successful payment, you can schedule an appointment by selecting the office closest to you, and the available time and date according to you. The booking will be scheduled once you confirm your slot
The necessary documents for child passport are listed below
- Date of birth proof
- Attested photocopy of the passport of the parents
- Proof of present address
- Sworn affidavit by parent abroad attested by the Indian consulate with affidavit from a parent in India (Annexure H)
- Annexure I or Standard affidavit
- Bonafide letter from the signatory of a UGC recognized college
- Adoption deed or photo of a child attested by the court
Application of passport for kids in India is easy through its online portal. A kid passport can be obtained by submitting the required documents and application fees. Moreover its hassle free and simple.