Mistakes one should avoid during online passport registration.
To make it effortless and easily accessible, the passport registration process has moved online. The government now provides us a swea portal for online passport registration, which also makes offline activities and online payments simpler for people. The convenience of this service is not just limited to this. With passport online appointment, it becomes easier for people to access the offline services in a time efficient way. Cases of lost passport, damaged passport and passport validity are also dealt with online. However, to save time and avoid any tedious corrections in future, it is mandatory to take care of a few mistakes that might happen during the online registration procedure. Here are a few tips to keep in mind for the same:
- Annexures that need to be made: Go through the entire list of annexures to find out which all are applicable in that particular case of the applicant. These annexures require certifications, therefore making them requires some amount of time. Therefore, utmost attention needs to be paid.
- Affidavit Annexure F: For tatkal reissue/renewal of the passport, it is essential to carry Annexure F. It is necessary to have 2 original copies of Annexure F made. Both these copies are submitted during the passport online appointment. If that doesn’t happen, the online passport registration process will not be completed.
- Attesting Documents: The document attesting procedure should be handled with care. It can only be done by a gazetted officer who has a seal with their name on it along with the name of the organization they are a part of. This should also contain the signature of the office to avoid any mistake whatsoever that might happen while attesting.
- Address Proof Documents: The online passport registration is very particular about the address proof that is been submitted. The documents accepted as an address proof includes landline bills, gas connection/water connection bills. Keep in mind that only BSNL or MTNL landline bills are acceptable. The bills need to be from a government sector company.
- Originals are important: The original documents need to be kept handy. Photocopies will not be accepted in the passport online appointment. Postponing would be a sensible option instead of trying and getting the xerox selected because it won’t happen. Checking the documents is before applying is mandatory in the online passport registration process.
- Photocopies: Though there usually are photocopy facilities in most passport seva kendras, however it is best to get them done beforehand and carry with you to avoid wastage of time.
- Birth Proof: For people born after 1995, it is essential to have a birth certificate issued by the municipal corporation as proof of date of birth. For people born before 1995, both birth certificate as well as class 10th marksheet can be used as proof of date of birth.
Along with these, there are a few more points that needs to be considered while going ahead with online passport registration. This includes the passport application fee, passport validity along with cancellation and status of the old passport.