PAN card for Minors- Everything You Wanted To Know
A PAN card is a unique identification number that is assigned to each tax paying person of India by NSDL, a government body. PAN card holder gets several benefits by owning a PAN number. PAN card details become essential when a person is employed or wishes to start a business. Besides that, PAN card details are mandatory for making large investments or cash deposits. There is no PAN card age limit to apply for a PAN card, any Indian citizen can apply for it as and when they require. However, PAN registration for minors should be done by their parents or guardians. PAN card is required for minors for several reasons like when you want to make any investments or buy a property/shares/ deposits in your child’s name or wish to make them your nominee in investments.
How to apply online?
PAN card download and registration can be done online, here are the steps to apply for minor PAN card.
- Open the NSDL official website at
- Fill in the Form 49A after reading all the instructions carefully. You can download the Form 49A at https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/Instructions49A.html
- You will find several categories of the applicant. Select the suitable one and follow the instruction
- Enter all the required personal details. Make sure you provide your mail id while entering the details. PAN card download can be done only if you provide e-mail id.
- Upload your Identity proof, address proof, age proof and photo
- Scan and Upload your signature
- Proceed the payment amount Rs.103 through credit card, debit card, net banking or demand draft
- Once you complete filling the form, click on the submit button. On clicking, an acknowledgment number will be sent to your mobile phone for tracking the status of the PAN card
- Attach all the required documents (if not uploaded online) and the demand draft (if that’s the chosen mode of payment)
- Envelop should be labeled with “APPLICATION FOR PAN” and the “Acknowledgement Number” and sent to the below address:
Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,
Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk,
- Once your PAN card application reaches the department, you will receive a notification on your given email address.
- After the verification process, the PAN card will be sent to the entered address within 10-15 working days. PAN card download can also be done from the e – mail id. When you apply for a pan card you also provide your email id, NSDL or UTIITSL will send pdf copy of your PAN card to the same email id from where you can easily do PAN card download.