PAN Card Status Tracking – All You Need To Know!
Your Permanent Account Number (PAN) is an essential document, serving as a proof of identity and a must-have for any important financial transactions. The application process has been simplified, enabling applicants to apply both offline as well as online and also perform PAN number tracking.
It takes 15 working days for an individual/entity to receive their PAN after applying for it. The government, on its part, makes it very convenient for an applicant to track the application status, keeping them abreast of current happenings, by providing a 15 digit acknowledgement number to each applicant. You can choose between various modes to track your PAN application, as mentioned below.
How to Check NSDL / UTI PAN Card Status
When you have applied with the relevant documents, you can perform PAN card status tracking in the following ways:
- PAN Card Status Helpline for UTI/NSDL
Perform PAN tracking by calling the helpline numbers provided below.
|Mumbai||(022) 67931300, 67931301, 67931304, 67931303, 67931302|
|New Delhi||(011) 23211262, 23211387, 23211285, 23211273, 23211274|
|Kolkata||(033) 22424774, 22108959|
|Chennai||(044) 22500183, 22500426|
|Pune||(020) 25658300, 27218080|
- PAN Card Status Through NSDL
Tracking of a PAN application online is possible only 24 hours after an application is submitted online. On the website of NSDL, Pan Tracking can be done by these steps: (www.tin-nsdl.com)
- Visit www.tin-nsdl.com
- Click on ‘Know Status Of Your Application’. You will find this page.
- Select Application type
- Type in Acknowledgement number
- Type in Name (in order of surname/first name/middle name) and Date of birth/agreement/partnership/trust deed
- Type in Captcha
You will now be able to see the status of the application.
- PAN Card Status Through UTIITSL
PAN card online tracking can also be done through UTIITSL. On the website of UTIITSL track your PAN with these simple steps:
- Visit the website: http://www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/#forward
- Select “Track PAN Card Application Status”. This page will come up-
- You will see the option: “Click here to check status online”
- Enter the Application coupon number
- Your application status can be found by clicking on submit
- PAN tracking by SMS
A specialised SMS service makes it possible for you to track your application status through your phone too. Type NSDLPAN followed by the 15 digit acknowledgement number to ‘57575’. You will then receive an SMS indicating their current application status.
These are a few easy methods how to track PAN card by online and offline means. Please note that you can track your PAN application status three days after the application has been submitted. Tracking within three days might not provide accurate updates.