Regional Passport Office in Kolkata
If you are a resident of Kolkata then it’s important to know the details about Regional Passport Office in Kolkata. A passport is a widely accepted proof of identification that includes address and age. Passport is extremely useful at many points in life. Passport application process is easy through its online portal.
Details of Passport office at Kolkata
|Passport Office Districts||PSK Kolkata|
|Address|| Passport Seva Kendra Kolkata
Eastern Bye pass Ruby,
|Passport Office working Day||Monday to Friday|
|Passport Office Opening Timing||9.30 AM|
Regional passport office Kolkata
Phone number: 033-22254893, 22254084
Passport Seva Kendra Kolkata
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Passport Customer Care Toll-Free Number: 1800-258-1800
Different types of passports:
There are three types of passport in Indian
- Regular Passport: It is issued for ordinary travel and has a Navy Blue cover. It is mainly used for vacations and business trips.
- Diplomatic Passport: Diplomatic passport is issued to Indian diplomats and mainly used for top ranking government officials and diplomatic couriers. This kind of passport has a Maroon cover.
- Official Passport: It has a White cover. Official passports are issued to individuals representing the Indian government on official business.
How to book passport appointment
After a successful passport application, you need to book your appointment for verification. The passport slot booking availability status is given below.
The passport applicants can check their appointment status in two ways.
- Online process
- Offline process.
The online process is easy and you can check the passport availability slots from your home if you have an internet connection. But some people prefer the offline mode when they do not have such internet facility. Follow the below-mentioned steps to check passport slot booking availability.
Passport Online slot booking is easy through its online portal. You just need to go to the official site of Passport Seva Services
Now select the “Appointment Availability Status”
Now a new window will appear:
Select your “Passport Office” from the dropdown list.
- Enter the Text shown in the picture. As this text is case sensitive, write down the characters carefully
- Now click on “Check appointment availability”
It will show you all the available appointment dates according to your location.
Online passport application is the best option. By applying online you can sign in and check your account progress. You can renew your passport after every 10 years. Here you will find all the information about passports along with the office address and phone numbers for Kolkata location.