PF Online Payment Process for SBI Customers
For an EPF account, one needs to make payments as part of their monthly contribution. Moreover, there are payments to be made for PF withdrawals, claims and loans as well. PF Online Payment is the easiest option. It allows you to make a payment at the click of a mouse and you can also easily check the PF payment status.
You can initiate Provident Fund online payment in two ways:
- Via bank’s website only if you have internet banking facility
- Via the official EPF website (www.epfindia.com)
How to initiate SBI PF Online Payment
You can initiate Provident Fund online payment via State Bank of India online portal as well. However, this facility is available for only corporate or Saral users. Here are the steps for making a PF Online Payment through SBI.
- Enter the SBI website for making PF Online Payment
- Log in to the Corporate banking section.
- Select ‘Payment/Transfer’ option to make the PF Online Payment.
- Select the ‘Pay EPF’ option
- Enter valid TRRN (Temporary Return Reference Number)
- Select the debit account for the Provident Fund online payment
- Click ‘Submit’ but only after a thorough check of all details you have entered
- If you are a corporate user, you will have to wait for the authorizer’s validation of the debit account for the PF Online Payment to take effect. However, Saral users do not have to wait for this because there is only one user attached to a Saral account.
- After the account authorisation is complete, you will find a challan in the ‘Reports’ option of the account. This challan will provide you with the EPF payment status online.
- You can check the EPF payment status online with this challan. You can also download or print it.
How to make a PF Online Payment via the official EPF website (www.epfindia.com)
Follow the steps below to make a Provident Fund online payment via EPF website.
- Enter the EPF website: epfindia.com
- Log in to the Unified web portal of EPFO with your ECR portal ID and password.
- On the page that opens, select ‘Online ECR/challan submission’ option for Provident Fund online payment
- Enter the details required for generation of TRRN (Temporary Return Reference Number)
- This will also generate the ‘challan’ required to make the PF Online Payment
- After completing the challan process, select “Pay” and then select the “online” option
- You will then see a list of Banks available for PF Online Payment. Select State Bank of India from this list
- This will redirect the page to the State Bank MOPS page of SBI online for making the Provident Fund online payment
- If you want to use the SBI Net Banking, select ‘State Bank of India’ under the Net Banking option
- Next, complete the PF Online Payment via the Internet Banking process of SBI
- If you want to use Net Banking of any other Banks and not SBI, then select “Other Banks Internet Banking”
- Complete the Provident Fund online payment via the Internet Banking mode of your other bank
When the payment is complete, you should also track the EPF payment status.
How to check online PF payment status?
The EPFO allows you to check online PF payment status via a challan verification system. You can use this facility to check your PF payment status of the challan deposit via the transaction number or ID provided on the challan. This challan is technically called the ECR (electronic challan cum return).
To complete the verification process for EPF payment status, you need to fill in the transaction number or ID in the form that downloads for the purpose. The detail of the PF payment status will then be displayed.
If you see the message ‘EPF claim status payment under process’ it means that the process has already been initiated, but needs to be implemented by the bank. However, if ‘EPF claim status payment under process’ message is displayed even after 10-12 days of completing the PF Online Payment, do check with the bank. Your PF account and bank link maybe inactive or incorrect.
The EPFO declared the use of electronic challan mandatory for PF payments from 2012.