Procedure for online Aadhaar card download using Aadhaar number
Aadhaar has been created with a promise to make every Indian’s life a little easier; hence the absence of it might raise unnecessary complications in your daily life! Whether you’re filing tax returns or getting a new mobile number, or even when you’re opening a new bank account, having your Aadhaar number and card handy is going to simplify the process.
This 12-digit unique identity number is compulsory to avail various essential services. What’s more, I can even be used for online Aadhaar card download and Aadhaar card print!
After applying for an Aadhaar Card, you can now easily get a PDF of it through online Aadhaar card download using your Aadhaar number. Simply follow the steps mentioned here on how to download Aadhaar card! E-Aadhaar download is a very simple and secure process.
How to download Aadhaar Card?
The following steps explain the simple process of e Aadhaar card download. Through this process, you learn not only about how to download Aadhaar card but also Aadhaar card login, Aadhaar card print and checking e Aadhaar card status. All you need is a computer and access to the internet for online Aadhaar card download.
- Step 1: Visit the Aadhaar Portal at https://eAadhaar.uidai.gov.in/. You will find this screen on your device
- Step 2: Select the option ‘Aadhaar’ for Aadhaar card download with Aadhaar number. It is usually selected by default
- Step 3: Enter Aadhaar number. For an e-Aadhaar card download, you will also need other details such as name, PIN code, mobile number, to fill up the online form. Also carefully type in the image text as shown on your screen
- Step 4: Click on ‘Get One Time Password’
- Step 5: The OTP will be received at the registered number of the applicant that was linked to his/her Aadhaar Number
- Step 6: Type in the OTP and click on ‘Validate and Download’
- Step 7: Your e Aadhaar card download will be successful
How to open the downloaded document?
To use it for Aadhaar card print, you will need to open the document. For maximum security of your details, the downloaded document can only be opened with a password of 8 characters that is very easy to remember. The password of the e-Aadhaar is a combination of the first four letters of your Name in capital letters and Year of Birth.
For example, if your name is Megha, and your date of birth is 01/01/1975, your password will be MEGH1975.
Once you open the downloaded PDF document, you can now use it for creating a hard-copy by printing it as many times as you want. A hard copy of Aadhaar is going to be very useful at various points. Since it contains and is related to many of your private information, it is advised to keep it safe and use it wisely.