Raheja QBE health insurance
Health is wealth. Taking a health insurance is the smartest thing to do in this day and age. You do not forsee things coming but it is best to be prepared for every eventuality.
A health insurance is your safety net to take care of you. Raheja QBE health insurance is one among several policies out there. Raheja QBE offers two innovative products that may come in handy.
Let us have a look:
Cancer Insurance: While most insurance policies may include hospitalization and in-patient treatment, they do not cover the entire cost of the treatment. This is why the Raheja QBE health insurance plan is so effective.
With Cancer, early detection is key and with the Raheja QBE health insurance plan, you can actually lead a normal life without being in massive debt.
What does this cancer insurance policy cover?
- Anyone from a day old baby to a 70 year old person can opt for this insurance with the Raheja QBE health insurance.
- In case, cancer is detected and it requires further investigation or treatment, the policy holder is eligible to get:
- 50% of the sum insured or Rs 2,50,000/- whichever is less as a lump sum amount after the claim has been accepted
- All reasonable and necessary medical expenses actually incurred during diagnosis or treatment in excess of 75% of the amount paid as lump sum as stated above.
- Original bills need to be submitted to claim all reimbursement
- Reimbursement can be claimed every 3 months until the entire insured sum under the Raheja QBE health insurance policy has been exhausted.
- The insurance policy starts from 1 lakh and can go up to a maximum of 10 lakhs.
- If a policy holder is suffering from cancer and makes a claim during the period of insurance, he/she can continue to receive the benefits of the policy till the insured sum is exhausted up to 5 years after the policy expires.
- Policy holder under 50 years of age need to self declare as well as get a certification of good health by a registered medical practitioner in order to get covered.
- For people above 50 years of age, a medical exam will be conducted to be accepted for coverage under the Raheja QBE health insurance policy. Pre-existing cancer is not eligible for cover but if the medical exam reveals no cancer and the policy holder is later detected with an advanced stage of cancer, he/she will not be denied cover.
- Reimbursement for pre-policy medical checkup will be limited to 50% of actual expenses.
- This policy is renewable and the renewal premium needs to be paid by the due date. A 30 day grace period will be given from the due date.
- If the policy is not renewed within the grace period, a fresh policy can be issued but the benefits of the expired policy will not continue.
- The policy is renewable unless the policy holder or anyone acting on their behalf behaves in an improper, dishonest, fraudulent way or if the renewal of this policy is a moral hazard.
- There is no exit age for policies continued without any break.
- The policy cannot be renewed once a claim is made.
What this policy does not cover?
- Any injury, illness or disease resulting from nuclear weapons. If the insured person comes in contact with any kind of radiation, this policy shall not cover them.
- Any fraudulent claims or forged medical bills will not be covered.
- Pre-existing cancer as well as any signs and symptoms that the policy holder displayed up to 4 years prior to taking the Raheja QBE policy.
- Any claim that does not reveal the positive indication of cancer will be rejected.
Health Qube: This policy under the Raheja QBE health insurance is customizable to suit your requirements.
What does the policy cover?
- All people from 90 days old to 65 years will be covered under the Raheja QBE health insurance policy.
- Children from 90 days old to 5 years can be covered if his/her parents or legal guardian is insured under the same policy.
- This policy covers children up to the age of 17.
- Once a policy holder turns 18, the cover ceases under the Raheja QBE health insurance. In case of a family floater policy, the adult in question has the option to renew his/her plan with a suitable change in the premium. He/She can also take an individual policy to suit their needs in case they are not happy with the premium change.
- The Raheja QBE health insurance has provisions for life-long renewals.
- The period of the policy is 1 or 2 years.
- Under a family floater policy, 2 adults and 2 children can be covered.
- Under an individual policy, only 1 adult is covered.
Variants offered by the policy
There are 4 plans that have sum insured options ranging from 1 lakh to 50 lakh rupees.
Basic Plan: In-built health insurance benefits are covered by this plan, but it does not have an option to include any Add-on Covers.
Comprehensive Plan: This plan has both in-built heath insurance benefits and add-on covers for the sub limit waiver.
Super Saver Plan: This plan consists of in-built health insurance benefits and includes Add-on covers for Co-Pay.
A la carte Plan: This is the most customizable of all plans. It contains in-built health insurance benefits and allows you to select from the Add-on covers available suited to your requirements.
Once your plan expires in a year or two, you can upgrade or downgrade your health insurance plan.
Prevention is better than cure. You and your family deserve to lead a happy, healthy life and having an insurance policy so comprehensive helps a lot. Do not risk the safety and well-being of your family by remaining un-insured. Every plan has been created with the consumer in mind to help you have a better tomorrow.