Guide to reactivating your deactivated Aadhaar.
When can your Aadhaar be deactivated?
- An Aadhaar with mixed or anomalous biometric information or multiple names in single name.
- Non-usage of the Aadhaar service for three consecutive years.
- If you haven’t linked it to any bank account or PAN or used it for carrying out any transactions.
- Also when a child who enrolled for Aadhaar before the age of 15, fails to update it after, as mandated by the UIDAI.
How to know your Aadhaar status?
- Visit the website uidai.gov.in. and click on the ‘Verify Aadhaar Number‘ link.
- Provide your 12-digit Aadhaar number to verify whether your Aadhaar number is valid.
- Enter the security code displayed as an image.
- The page will display a confirmation message of the status of the Aadhaar number entered if your number is valid; if not the number will not be displayed.
The procedure of re-activation of Aadhaar Card
An Aadhaar card block can be lifted upon re-verification of your biometrics or update of your card. Visit the nearest enrolment centre and fill out the Aadhaar update form which you will then have to submit along with various documents for identity, address and proof for date of birth. Then complete the biometric verification where your previously recorded biometrics will be matched with a new one, which, once confirmed the Aadhaar number will be activated again with the permission of UIDAI with the charge of a nominal fee of Rs 25.
How to download AADHAAR card copy in case of lost AADHAAR Enrolment ID or number?
Go to UIDAI home page and select “Aadhaar No (UID)” OR “Enrolment No (EID)”, under “You want to receive your lost:”
- Enter your details along with the security code as displayed and click on “Get OTP” button
- After verifying your OTP, you will receive a message on your mobile with your AADHAAR card number or Enrolment Id
- Now Select “Enrolment Id” OR “Aadhaar”, under “I have:”
- Enter your AADHAAR card number or Enrolment Id along with your other details and verify your OTP, after which click on “Validate and Download”
- Enter your Pin Code as the password to open your downloaded e-Aadhaar card, which you can now print out.
Since the launch of the Aadhaar program in 2009, ensuring the grant of universal identity to every Indian citizen, the AAdhaar card is a document of extreme importance lately. Therefore it is absolutely mandatory for every individual to possess an active Aadhaar. In light of which, if your Aadhaar has been deactivated, this article will help you know more about your Aadhaar status and in turn, successfully reactivate it.