Where to open an Employee Provident Fund account
An Employee provident fund account is a social initiative taken by the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) under the guidance of the Government of India to provide retirement and savings benefits to the employees. The EPF account can be opened by the employer for every employee to park a part of their salary along with a contribution from the employer to enjoy retirement and pension benefits. However, there is a procedure that the employer needs to follow to open the pf account number.
Website for online registration of the establishment – https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/OLRE.php
Eligibility Criteria for EPF Registration by Employer
- Any organisation with more than 20 employees
- The employees include permanent, contractual and freelancers
Documents required to be submitted
- Registrar of Companies issued Incorporation certificate to the Private or Public Ltd. Company
- Registration certificate of the Society if applicable
- Incorporation proof
- If the company is a registered partnership firm, then a copy of the partnership deed is required
- Deed for Partition
- Copy of Articles of Association
- Copy of Memorandum Certificate
- PAN and TIN
- Income tax related documents and certificates
- Balance Sheet
- Salary Information
Requirements for EPF Registration by Employer
The employer is required to submit Form 5A with Annexure 1 along with duly filled in form “Proforma for Coverage”. They are made available on the EPFO portal. Here are the requirements and information that the employer needs to keep handy while doing the registration.
- Organisation Name and Address
- Organisation Legal Status
- Details of the Founder, Directors, Partners – Name, designation, address
- Head Office Address
- Branch Information if any
- Registration details of the company including the Incorporation date
- Industry of work
- Employee strength
- Salaries / wage details – Monthly
- Employee Details – Name, Father’s Name, Date of joining, date of Birth as per the Aadhaar Card along with the Monthly salary details.
By furnishing all the above details, the employers can register for the EPF accounts of their employees.
Step 1: Click on the Register button
Step 2: Enter the Organization Details as registered by the Income-tax Department
Step 3: Enter PAN
Step 4: Choose a Username and hint question & answer
Step 5: Enter Captcha
Step 6: Enter registered mobile number to receive the OTP
Step 7: Enter the OTP and click on I Agree.
Step 8: You will not receive the verification email link on your email id.
Verify by clicking on the click, and you are now registered.
Once you have registered on the EPFO portal, you will receive the login details. Enter the Username and password to sign in.
Once the sign-in process is complete, the dashboard opens in the next window. The dashboard enables you to register new employee PF accounts and also manage the active ones.
Enter the KYC details correctly to avoid any confusion.
Once all the details have been entered correctly, click on save.
After successful approval of the details of the employee, the EPF account will be created.
Opening a new PF account for an employee or pf account check is not an arduous task. All that you need is the right details of the employee as mentioned in the Aadhaar card and register the request on the EPFO portal for employees. pf account balance check can be done on the EPFO portal.
- You may view the approved or rejected pf account details on your dashboard
- The EPF account number will be created once the first contribution is made by both the employer and employee. You may check the epf account balance