Reliance health insurance
Health insurance is an absolute necessity. To lead a stress-free life, a health care plan is the best step one can take. Reliance Health insurance offers comprehensive plans to suit an individual’s requirements and we will explore all of them now.
HealthGain: Under the Reliance health insurance policy, HealthGain is a comprehensive plan that offers the following:
- Automatic refill of sum insured in case of full exhaustion.
- In case there are no claims a 33.33% increase in coverage is given
- Cashless hospitalisation in any of the hospitals mentioned in the Reliance health insurance hospital list across India.
- Single women or girl child can avail a 5% discount
- An individual mediclaim Reliance health insurance policy can cover immediate and extended family members.
The Reliance Healthcare policy can be bought online through various payment methods such as UPI, Net Banking, Debit/Credit card according to your convenience.
You are also eligible to claim tax benefits under Section 80D of up to Rs 60,000/-
The Reliance insurance premium chart can be explored using the health insurance premium calculator. The Reliance healthcare policies start at as little as Rs15/day.
There are several options to choose from- Family floater mediclaim policy, individual health insurance plans, cashless health insurance, senior citizen health insurance and sum insured 3 lac, 6 lac & 9 lac available.
What does the policy cover?
- In-patient treatment where patient is hospitalized for more than 24 hours. Any hospital in the Reliance health insurance hospital list will accept cashless treatment.
- Day-care treatment.
Pre-hospitalisation coverage for:
Medical expenses incurred before hospitalisation. Under the HealthGain policy, you will get coverage for 60 days.
Post-hospitalisation coverage for:
Medical expenses incurred after hospitalisation. Under the HealthGain policy, you will get coverage for 60 days.
Domestic Road Ambulance:
In case of life threatening emergencies, expenses for domestic road ambulances is covered. Under Plan A, up to Rs 1,500 and under Plan B upto Rs 3,000 is covered.
These are expenses incurred by the organ donor. Up to 50% of the base sum insured and a maximum of Rs. 5 lakh/- is covered.
- If the treatment continues for a minimum of three days, then medical expenses are covered.
Re-instatement of base sum insured:
- If the entire sum insured has been exhausted but further hospitalization is still required, the entire sum is refilled at no extra cost
- If no claims are made, then a cumulative bonus of 33.33% on the base sum insured is awarded.
Claim service guarantee:
- Cashless health insurance claims: If Reliance Health fails to get back to a policy holder with a valid claim under 6 business hours then Reliance Healthcare is liable to pay 1% of the claim amount and it can go up to a maximum of 6%.
- Reimbursement of Claims: The same holds for reimbursement of claims. Reliance Healthcare should respond within 21 days.
Policy service guarantee:
- In case there is a delay of more than 10 working days in issuing your Reliance Health insurance policy after receiving all the documents necessary, then Reliance Health will pay you an additional sum of Rs 10,000 under Plan A and Rs 20,000/- under Plan B.
This is not applicable to policy renewals.
Accidental death cover for no claim renewal:
- An accidental death cover of Rs 1 lakh is provided by the Reliance Health if no claims are made in the policy year.
- This cover is valid for only a year.
- This is not extended to immediate family members. Only the policy holder can make use of this cover plan.
Health Insurance Renewal:
- Under Plan B, the insurance policy can be renewed for free if the policy holder is diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- This can only be availed of once.
- This does not apply to immediate or extended family members.
The same HealthGain by Reliance Health is also available in an EMI option called HealthGain on instalments.
Critical Illness: Reliance Health Insurance policy also covers several critical illnesses.
- Coverage for 10 major critical illness / surgeries
- Varied options for the Sum Insured (Rs. 5 lakh, Rs. 7 lakh or Rs. 10 lakh)
- No medical check-up required for anyone up to 45-years of age
- Income Tax benefits under Section 80 D – save more with your policy!
- Quick and hassle-free settlement of claims
- Instant online policy booking for people up to 45 years of age
- Lump sum payment
- For individuals above 18 years of age, critical illness policy is provided.
- The policy period for one year and three years
What does this policy under Reliance Healthcare cover?
If the policy holder is diagnosed with any of the following critical illnesses or needs to undergo any major surgery as mentioned, a lump sum will be given. Any option between 5 lakh, 7 lakh and 10 lakh can be given. The Reliance healthcare insurance premium chart can tell you how much you need to pay.
Category I – Life Threatening
- Major Organ Transplant
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Third Degree Burns
- Aorta Graft Surgery
Category II – Lifestyle Disabling
- Heart Valve Replacement or repair
- Coma of Specified Severity
- Coma Quadriplegia (continuing for more than 90 days post diagnosis without any significant recovery)
- Total Blindness
- End Stage Renal Disease requiring regular dialysis
The payment will only be made if the patient survives for more than 30 days after the diagnosis of any critical illness mentioned in category I. For category II illnesses, for the payment will only be made if the patient survives for more than 60 days after the diagnosis. The only exception is Quadriplegia, where the benefit will be paid after 90 days
Wellness: This plan is for individuals and corporate for holistic health with Reliance Healthcare plans that hinge on 3 parameters
- Evaluation of current health
- Engaging with the wellness services
- Redeem points for exciting prizes
This plan under the Reliance Health insurance consists of:
- Full coverage of accidents and permanent disability
- Coverage around the globe
- Extension for medical expenses
All the plans cover various illnesses and diseases and disabilities as well. The Reliance Healthcare plan is comprehensive and includes all scenarios.