Guide to renew passport online
A passport in India is valid for 10 years .Passport renewal is required before or when it expires. A passport is a widely accepted proof of identification that includes address and age. Passport is extremely useful at many points in life. You can renew passport online easily through its online portal.
How to renew passport online?
The Passport renewal procedure of India requires some passport renewal documents such as:
- Short Validity Passport renewal fees
- Difference between Renewal and Re-issue
There are 5 major steps to completing this process:
- You need register the passport renewal online on the Passport Seva website.
- You can login using the link “Existing User? Login” if you already have registered on the website
- Click on “New User? Register Now” if you are new to the website
- You will get the passport renewal form
- Select your nearest passport office based on your current address.
- You will need provide every details that include your name and date of birth to register through the portal.
- Create a login ID and password to check your application status later.
Click on “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport”
- You should fill in the application with correct details
- There are two options for filling the form available.
- Download the form in PDF format and fill it up offline
- Fill in the form available online
- You need to fill in your current address.
- Update your details carefully in case you need to change your spouse details or any other details.
- Pay the Indian passport renewal fees
- There is no payment required for renewal.
- Book a slot
- You can click on “Schedule Appointment” to book a slot and schedule an appointment.
Once you have confirmed your preferred slot, your appointment will be scheduled.
Documents Required For Passport Renewal Online
- You need to submit Original old Passport copy.
- Submit the copy of the first two and last two pages.
- Copy of the ECR/Non-ECR.
- The page of observation Self-attested copy that is made by Passport Issuing Authority.
- Detailed explanation of Purpose of Renewal of (SVP)
- Copy of the validity extension page
Online passport application is the best option. This process gives a chance to fill the application from your home. You can choose your mode of payment also. Also by applying online you can sign in and check your account progress. The renewal process needs some more documents to be submitted. Moreover this processes is easy through its online portal.You can renew your passport after every 10 years.