RuPay Debit Card: Things You Missed
The RuPay debit cards have emerged as a strong contender to VISA and Master Card in India. The Board for Payment and Settlement Systems in India was established in 2005 after the RBI realized the need to bring together all retail payment systems under one channel. This led to the introduction of The National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI). The National Payment Corporation of India promoted by the Reserve Bank of India introduced RuPay Debit cards in 2012. Since then, the RuPay debit cards have seen a colossal growth and have become a favourite among the Indians.
The Rupay Debit Cards have gained popularity because they come with some significant features as listed below.
- They are widely accepted in almost all e-commerce sites and POS terminals.
- RuPay debit cards are welcomed by most of the trade merchants in India.
- The Rupay debit cards ensure faster transaction since almost all the transactions are done within the country.
- RuPay cards are offered by public sector, private banks, co-operative and rural banks.
- When you make a transaction with RuPay debit cards, the transaction fee that is charged to the merchant is 0.01%.
The Rupay Platinum Debit Card is one of the preferred options amongst the Rupay Debit cards. Some of the salient benefits of the Rupay Platinum Debit card are;
- Welcome benefits in the form of gift vouchers
- Complimentry Lounge programs
- Cash back on utility bill payments
- Comprehensive insurance cover upto Rs. 2 Lakhs
- 24/7 concierge services
- Exclusive merchant offers.
The SBI or State Bank of India is one of the prominent banks permitted to issue RuPay Debit Cards. The SBI Rupay Debit Cards come with a host of offers on hand. To know more about the SBI Rupay Debit Cards and SBI Rupay Debit Card charges,
- Visit the web-link, https://www.sbi.co.in/portal/web/personal-banking/rupay-debit-card
- In the opening page, click on the option ‘ Offer List with terms and conditions’ to receive all the required details on the SBI Rupay debit card.
The Card Verification Value (CVV*) is an extra code printed on your debit or credit card. In the case of your Rupay Debit card, CVV number (Card Verification Value) in Rupay card is a three digit number found on the back side of the card near signature panel as found on Visa/Master card.
The Rupay Debit card needs to be registered online before it can be used. Follow these steps for Rupay Debit card registration
- Once the payment screen is in front of you, select RuPay card as the payment option.
- You will be then prompted to enter the details of your card such as card number, expiry date, CVD2 (3 digits on the back of the card).
- The cardholder then receives an OTP on his or her registered mobile number and email ID
- You are then required to enter the OTP and select an image from a small collection of images. The image needs to be remembered for all the transactions.
- You are also required to enter a phrase of up to 40 characters and remember the same for any future transactions.
- You must then enter your ATM PIN using mouse clicks.
- For some banks, a RuPay Premium Pay Secure Service pop-up window is displayed on the screen and you are registered while you make the transaction.
The RuPay Debit card has interesting features and benefits as given below.
- Security of Information Related to Indians
- Safe Transactions
- Designed for India
- Greater Reach in Rural Areas
- Payment Solutions across Platforms
Just like the other cards like Master Card and the Visa Card, the Rupay debit card comes with loads of attractive offers. Just visit the web-link below and pick your choice.
The Link for Rupay Debit Card offers: https://www.rupay.co.in/rupay-offers
Rupay Debit Cards – Frequently Asked Questions
- Does RuPay provide debit cards for farmers and agriculturists?
A Yes, RuPay Kisan cards are offered exclusively for agriculturists and farmers empowering them to perform ATM and POS transactions.
- What is the validity period of a RuPay debit card?
A RuPay debit cards are valid for a period of 10 years.
- With a savings account and a debit cardis it possible to open a PMJDY savings account and get a RuPay card?
A.Yes, customers can have one PMJDY savings account with a particular bank. Also, they can surrender the existing debit card and request for a new RuPay card.
- How is the processing of RuPay card transactions done?
- The processing of transactions done using RuPay debit cards is done by the payment gateway company CCAvenue which empowers more than 80% of the online merchant transactions in India.
Q .What is IRCTC RuPay Prepaid debit card?
- IRCTC RuPay Prepaid debit card can be used to book railway tickets on IRCTC. The amount is preloaded and the card can be recharged anytime. There are two options of this card – Physical and virtual. IRCTC RuPay Prepaid debit card can also be used to make online transactions and bill payments at merchant stores.
- What does CVD mean in an online transaction?
- CVD (Card Validation Data) is a three digit number which is printed on the back of the card. It is also referred to as the CVV number.
- Should I separately register for RuPay E-commerce service?
- No, there is no need for separate registration for RuPay E-commerce service.
- What should I do if I do not receive my OTP at the time of the transaction?
- Sometimes due to low signal strength, the OTP does not reach your phone. If your OTP fails to reach even after waiting for a considerable amount of time, click on ‘Resend OTP’ button. If nothing works, report to the bank immediately.
- How long is the OTP valid for?
- The validity of the OTP varies from bank to bank and is decided by the bank issuing the card.
- Can I use the same OTP if I re-try the transaction?
- The validity of the OTP cannot be used when you re-try the transaction as it is a separate transaction.