The Axis Bank is the third largest private sector bank in India with a vast network, spread over India and overseas. The Axis Bank Debit card, a product of Axis Bank, caters to a diverse clientele comprising of retail businesses, MSME, agriculturists and large and mid-corporates. With a wide spectrum of innovative banking products, The Axis Bank provides an array of debit cards offering customers convenient cashless shopping with exciting discounts, rewards from the EDGE Loyalty program and personalized card designs. Axis Bank debit cards come with enhanced security features for purchase transactions after verification from Visa (VbV) and Master Card Secure Code platforms.
The Axis debit cards are very helpful with increased purchase limits, withdrawal limits and exclusive value added services.
Let’s take a look at the different types of debit cards from the Axis Bank
One of the popular debits cards, offered by Axis Bank, is the Axis Bank Burgundy Debit Card. Being a global debit card and one of the premier debit cards on offer from Axis Bank, The Burgundy World Debit Card comes with lifestyle privileges, tailor made to meet the requirements of a Premium banking customer. Loaded with benefits, this card offers higher transaction limits, dining and travel benefits, rewards redemption, free ATM withdrawal options and insurance coverage to a Premium debit card holder.
Customers can now apply for an Axis Bank Debit Card Online with a simple procedure. Follow these Axis Bank debit card apply procedure.
- Log on to https://www.axisbank.com/retail/cards/debit-cards
- The following page takes you to the list of Axis Debit cards on offer.
- Click on the link “Register Online/First Time Users”
- Pick your choice by clicking on the card image
- Read through the benefits each card has to offer
- After selecting your card, click on the option. ‘Apply now’ to apply for you Axis Bank Debit card.
Every Axis Bank Debit Card comes with loads of exciting offers.
- Customise and craft your own Axis Bank debit card with My Design!
- Higher withdrawal and purchase transaction limits on every Axis Bank debit card.
- Complimentary access to VIP airport lounges.
- Fuel surcharge waivers at petrol bunks across India.
- Enhanced insurance coverage for the primary debit card holder.
Customer care has been the top most priority for Axis Bank at all times. The Axis Bank debit card customer care is well trained and equipped to handle any of your queries related to your Axis Bank Credit Card.
Customers can now reach Axis Bank Customer Care by connecting to the Axis Bank Customer Care Toll free number: 1800 209 5577
Customers can pay their Axis Bank Credit card payments through other bank debit cards by using the accounts linked to their debit cards through net banking, NEFT and other option. However the customers cannot directly use the debit card to pay the Axis Bank Credit Card bill.
A unique facility extended by Axis Bank debit cards is a facility to block the debit card temporarily when not in use! This feature is an added security measure for customers who have large amounts of money in their accounts and wish to safeguard it against any fraudulent activity. In addition to safeguarding the customer’s account, this feature also allows the account holder to control the amount that they spend on their debit card.
Another reason why this feature has been introduced is due to the near-field communications (NFC) technology that is enabled on most Axis Bank debit cards. The NFC feature enables customers to make cashless transactions up to Rs.2, 000 without having to enter their ATM PIN. Axis Bank allows their customers 5 NFC transactions per day.
Blocking an Axis Bank debit card is a fairly simple process and the request is instantly activated.
Login to the Axis Bank internet banking website
- Click on the ‘Accounts’ tab, followed by the ‘My Debit Cards’ option.
- Clicking on this option provides all the debit cards linked to the account.
- Select the debit card that is to be switched off
- Select the ‘Switch ON/OFF Card’ option from the drop-down menu and click on the ‘Go’ button.
- Withdrawal limits and purchase limits of the debit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Switch Off’ button at the bottom of the page.
The Axis Bank offers the flexibility of an International Debit Card with these unique takeaways! Take a look!
- Axis Bank’s premium debit cards can be used internationally, which are Burgundy World Debit Card, Privee Debit Card, Wealth Debit Card and Priority Platinum Debit Card.
- You can enjoy an improved money withdrawal limit per day of up to INR two lakhs and shopping (retail and online) limit of up to INR six lakhs on your Burgundy World Debit Card and Privee Debit Card.
- Privileged lounge access, fuel surcharge waivers and reward point programme are other perks.
Your Axis Bank Debit Card Charges are just a few clicks away;
Just click on the link; https://www.axisbank.com/retail/cards/debit-cards/rupay…debit-card/fees-charges and receive all the details!
Axis Bank Debit Cards – Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to enter my Axis Bank debit card PIN during purchase transactions?
- Yes, it is mandatory for all customers have to enter their debit card PINs for all domestic purchase transactions. In the cases of international transactions the PIN feature has been implemented only in a couple of countries other than India.
- What happens when a customer enters an invalid PIN during transactions?
- During purchase transactions, if the wrong PIN is entered then the transaction will be declined by the bank. While withdrawing cash from ATMs, the debit card will be temporarily blocked by the bank after three invalid attempts.
- What does the Card Protection Plan from Axis Bank offer?
- The Card Protection Plan from Axis Bank offers fraud protection, free replacement of cards, emergency cash advance facility, emergency travel and hotel assistance and valuable documents registration.
- What are the options available to an Axis Bank customer for generating an ATM PIN?
- Visit the nearest Axis Bank ATM to generate your PINs.
- How are online transactions secured by Axis Bank?
- Axis Bank allows users to transact safely using their debit cards on Verified by Visa (VbV) and MasterCard Secure Code platforms.