An Employee Provident Fund Statement is a sort of e-passbook, an online version of your provident fund status. It will reflect all kinds of transactions made as per month and date. The EPF account statement will also include details such as your date of birth, name, etc.
How to check EPF Balance Statement?
- Using EPFO Portal
Employment Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) offers a new e-passbook facility on its website that enables its users to check PF statement online. This facility is known as EPF account Passbook through which you can download the EPF statement multiple times in a month.
Steps to download the e-passbook:
- Log on to the EPFO portal and register by entering all the required details
- Then, click on the ‘Get Pin” option and verify the pin that is sent to your registered mobile number by entering it on the link
- Now you can login using your document number or mobile number
- Click on “Download e-passbook”
- Select correct office state and office
- Enter the company PF code
- Then, mention your name and click on “Get Pin”
- Verify the pin that is sent to your registered mobile number by entering it on the link
- You will get the e-passbook on the portal after three business days
- Using EPFO app
The EPFO m-sewa app can be downloaded from Google Play Store. After the app is downloaded, go to the “Member” tab and then on “Balance/Passbook”. Enter your UAN and registered mobile number to access your PF account statement. You can also take a print of the statement by saving it as pdf.
- By sending an SMS
To use this service, make sure your UAN is linked with your bank account number, PAN and Aadhar Number. Your UAN should be linked with EPFO. If also this is taken care of, you can get details of your latest transaction and PF account statement by sending an SMS to 7738299899.
The SMS to be sent is “EPFOHO UAN ENG”, where ENG is the first three letters of your preferred language.
- By giving a missed call
To use this facility, make sure you are registered on the UAN portal. Your UAN should be linked to your bank account number, PAN and Aadhar Number. Then you can fetch the PF account statement by giving a missed call on 011-22901406 from your registered mobile number.
Keep track of your EPF balance statement by using the above methods without having the hassle of asking your employer to do it.