Thousands of individuals are applying for a PAN on a regular basis. Sometimes the chances or errors go unseen. The government has dedicated resources to handle grievances and to improve services associated with PAN. This process ensures that there will be minimal errors and no one will be impacted due to such issues.
Common grievances associated with PAN
Pan grievances might vary from individual to individual. But there are certain common grievances associated with Pan. They are listed below.
- Incorrect name on PAN card – The main reason for incurrent name on pan card is either due to human error or internal technical issues. As pan card is an accepted ID proof across the country, reporting incorrect name is a critical issue.
- PAN card not receivedeven after submitting the application – If you pan card undelivered, there are chances for the PAN card to be misplaced or delivered to a wrong address. If you did not receive your pan card even after few weeks, you should report this.
- Wrong photo on PAN card – As Pan card serves as an identification tool, pan card with a wrong photo is useless.
- Other mistakes – Some of the other grievances include wrong spelling in name, wrong communication address, date of birth, etc. You should avoid all those pan card mistakes to get a Pan card.
Procedure to voice PAN related grievances:
Individuals, facing an issue with their PAN can log on to the official website of the Income Tax department and follow the below mentioned steps to check pan grievance status.
- Log on to the official pan website
- Go to PAN grievances section
- Choose the nature of complaint (PAN not received, wrong name, etc.)
- Enter your receipt number or Pan number
- Choose the agency through which you applied (NSDL or UTIISL)
- Provide your personal details like name, father’s name, date of birth, address and phone number
- Share your e-mail id
- Enter the date of your Pan application
- Enter the grievance in detail
Pan grievance status:
After submitting a grievance, you will receive a complaint or coupon number. You can use the coupon number to check the status of your PAN related problem. Just log in to the official website for PAN grievances: http://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/Pages/default.aspx and check the current status. You have to enter the complaint number to get the present status of problem.
Permanent Account Number or PAN is a very important document that works as an identification tool. It has a unique 10 character alphanumeric code that is unique for every individual. Sometimes we make mistakes and face trouble to get our pan cards. Here you will find details about all pan grievances and how to solve them.