Employee provident fund (EPF) account, allocated by the Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is a retirement benefit plan initiated under the guidance of the Government of India. However, many times, it so happens that the details in the EPF account are incorrect and do not match with the account holder’s Aadhaar card (UIDAI card). Simple details like Employee name, Father’s name, Date of Birth or even gender can be a mismatch from the account holder’s Aadhaar card. This is when the EPF account holder faces a problem in withdrawal or transfer of the account or more. However, employees may download the PF form 5 for name correction or the EPF correction form from the portal. The good news is that EPFO has an EPF correction online facility to get these details corrected without any hassle. Nonetheless, you may also download the PF correction form from the portal. Here’s how you can do it.
Correcting EPF Details – The Prerequisites
Before you begin the process, here is the basic information that you should have handy. This information will help you to take off the process smoothly.
- UAN ID – Universal Account Number
- The UAN id is a unique number allotted to every employee. This number is portable and remains the same throughout the work career. With UAN, the employee can merge multiple EPF accounts that were opened by different employers
- Registered Mobile Number –
- This is the mobile number that you have used at the time of registration
- The Password to log in to the EPFO member portal is sent to the registered mobile number at the time of registration. However, you may generate one by clicking on “Forgot Password”
- Aadhaar Card (UIDAI Card)
Correcting EPF Details – The Process
- With the above details, you are required to log in to the EPFO member portal
- Once you have logged in, you will find a drop down under the “manage” section. Click on this drop down and select “Modify Basic Details”
- Enter all the details as mentioned in your Aadhaar Card. Please note that the system will verify these details automatically
- Once you have entered the details correctly, click on update details. Double check all the information that you have entered. You will then be redirected to the next page where you can see the pending requests and the status. The status of your correct request will be “pending”
- Besides the pending requests, there is another column that reads “action”. In case, you have made any mistakes while entering your details, you may delete the request and follow the same process again to fill in the right details
Once the request has been made, your employer will verify these details and update the EPF account accordingly. The verification process will be completed by the EPFO designated field officer. Based on the verification comments, the employer will approve or reject your request.
- EPF account correction can be done by clicking on EPF name correction form download on the portal.
- You may download the EPF date of birth correction form to make corrections in your Date of Birth as per Aadhaar card.