If you have an EPF account, you can run a PF status check from time to time to know your account balance and also to track the status of any early withdrawal claim you may have made. This is essential to keep track of the retirement benefits accumulating in your EPF account and also to know if you have received your withdrawal claim amount.
The EPF Office (EPFO) has been constantly digitally upgrading its platform and processes to make it easier and smarter for its subscribers to access their PF account details. PF balance check with UAN number is the method promoted by the EPFO. This article will show you how to do a UAN balance check.
Pre-Requisites for a PF balance check with UAN number
- EPFO UAN activation: After the allocation of your PF UAN by your employer, you must activate it by creating your login credentials on https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- KYC completion: You must complete your UAN No. KYC by linking it with your Aadhaar, PAN, mobile number, and bank account details
Once you have completed the steps above, you can proceed with a PF balance check with UAN number. It can be done through your UAN member passbook on the EPFO Online portal.
to access your UAN member passbook:
- Open the EPFO portal: https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/
- Select ‘For Employees’ on ‘Our Service’ tab
- Click on ‘Member Passbook’ under ‘Services’
5. On the new that opens (below) enter your UAN No. and password to access your UAN member passbook
You can also process a UAN balance check by accessing UAN member passbook directly on the page: https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp or by clicking the e-Passbook button on the top right of the EPFO portal homepage: https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/
However, the passbook facility is not available for certain members and establishments. You need to cross check your eligibility on https://epfindia.gov.in/site_en/ under the tab ‘Status of Establishments’ on the top navigation pane.
PF Balance Check with UAN Number Via SMS
PF balance check with PF UAN number is also possible via an SMS from your registered mobile number. You have to SMS with the text EPFOHO UAN ENG to 7738299899. ENG stands for the first three letters of the language in which you want the EPF balance. You can also choose Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Bengali.
PF Account Details of Last Seven Months on Mobile App M-sewa
You can run a UAN balance and UAN claim status of only last seven months via EPFO’s own mobile app M-sewa:
- Download M-sewa from Google Play Store
- Click ‘Member’
- Click ‘Balance/passbook’
- Enter your UAN No. and registered mobile
- The mobile app will display your PF balance of last seven months
PF information via Missed Call
This does not involve the direct use of the EPF UAN, but it can be done only from the mobile number linked to your UAN no.
- Give missed call on 011-2290-1406 from the same mobile that you used for UAN registration.
- You will receive SMS with your EPF balance.
PF balance check with UAN number is the most convenient method because it is fast, easy, and smart.